I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Batson Site
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 20, 2011 03:02PM

I had and still do a problem getting on the Batson web site.
I called up my Cable vision and an IT guy took over my computer and after checking it out - There site - told me that it was on there end and it seems the signal - just before it comes up - goes to the Obis ??

I still have to call Batson after the first call and hopefully can find out more and get on

For what ever this was worth ?

Bill - willierods.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Batson Site
Posted by: mike brune (---.fidnet.com)
Date: February 20, 2011 03:28PM

Hi Bill
No problem here just went on.

Mike

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: February 20, 2011 03:38PM

I had no problem either.

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Date: February 20, 2011 04:06PM

I know this with another site here on the board is not having a problem loading - There just seems to one with them.

According to Cable-vision it is on there end .

I have no idea and will be talking to them to see if it can be fixed/

I like the stuff and when the y come out with new stuff I need to be there.

Just what Cable Vision told me ??? I watched him take my computer over - Not that I could red the things he brought up

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Ron Weber (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: February 20, 2011 04:07PM

Works just fine for me also.

Ron Weber

Date: February 20, 2011 04:12PM

I was told by a Batson It man that they have some one that is I guess is - Sub Lit - and they will contact me

Guess i have to contact them

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.hsd1.la.comcast.net)
Date: February 20, 2011 05:13PM

You're guy is wrong. Site come up just fine and no problems navigating the pages.

Date: February 20, 2011 05:32PM

That is what I can not understand - every one here is getting it up he tells me it's at there end ??

I should go to them and maybe the guy I got is NOT GOOD at what he does ???

I guess I should go back to them several times a day or several times a week and with different people I will get an answer . Like if you ask ten people the same question and get eight the same answers - maybe those eight answers are correct ??

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 20, 2011 05:40PM

IT guys are like fishermen - 10% catch 90% ...... IT 10% know enough to do 90% of the work - the remainder just watch. I've been on/off the Batson site including paging and pull down menus with NO PROBLEM.

Date: February 20, 2011 05:43PM

So has all else here. that is what i do not understand It's like why me I figured it was my computer but I wonder I'll check this - If i can - next week.

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Bob Mankin (---.nextweb.net)
Date: February 20, 2011 05:45PM

Bill, do you know how to selectively delete cookies on your computer?

I'd recommend going that route. If you're not sure, google a tutorial. Look for the one specific to Batson. Remove it. Then retry visiting their site.

Also check your browser to make sure it wasn't inadvertently adding to your blocked sites list, though I would assume Cablevision IT guy would have checked that.

Posted by: Bob Pratt (---.cust.wildblue.net)
Date: February 20, 2011 06:35PM

Some including myself was having this problem a while and one of the members suggested that it was using IE7 as your browser that was causing the problem and that switching to Google Chrome as your browser would solve it.
I did and it did.!! I switched to Chrome and haven't had a problem sense. It takes about 5 minutes and is very easy to do. Anyway that's my 2 cents.
Bob

Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.gctel.stellarllc.net)
Date: February 20, 2011 09:33PM

Must be something goofy on your PC, Bill. I can get there with E7, Chrome & Firefox, both at home and at work.

Chuck

Date: February 21, 2011 06:33AM

All the rest of the sites on this page come up but that one ??? Very Goofy

If I do a search clink any links - it will not come up
If I go to one of the sites on the left that has a link to there site - does not come up

Got to try Cable-vision again and see what I am told.

Bill - willierods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2011 06:36AM by bill boettcher.

Posted by: Gary Snyder (12.77.249.---)
Date: February 21, 2011 11:46AM

Some ideas:

The first thing I would try is a different browser... that was a good idea.

You can also order a paper catalog.

I would also try to see if the site will come up with another local computer....a friend's or neighbor's computer? How about your local library computer? Also, you could walk into many stores/business that have Internet access, I'm sure anybody would be happy to see if they could pull it up on their computer.

Posted by: Bob Pratt (---.cust.wildblue.net)
Date: February 21, 2011 01:21PM

I just tried it with both IE7 and chrome and both worked. You got me, I know a couple of weeks ago mine wouldn't work with IE7 on the Batson site.
Bob

Date: February 21, 2011 05:25PM

I have Fire Fox and I have tried with I E plus any links and as far as I can tell and what was told to me - It is at there end It loads so fare and then just goes ---- by by

Bill - willierods.com

Date: February 21, 2011 05:26PM

I have Fire Fox and I have tried with I E plus any links and as far as I can tell and what was told to me - It is at there end It loads so fare and then just goes ---- by by

Bill - willierods.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster