I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

waterslide vs. stick-n-peel
Posted by: Dick Ross (---.ien.ada.in.ena.net)
Date: December 06, 2010 11:20AM

I have now run out of my white waterslide inket paper for making my decals that I have been using. I have been reading here that many have changed over to the peel-n-stick from Decal Connection and was sondering what the general consesus is. I have liked the thiness of the waterslide but sometimes my big fingers and thumbs have torn the decal or had it move on me when straightening. Is the new peel-n-stick thinner and easier to use than the old stuff I tried a couple years ago better?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: waterslide vs. stick-n-peel
Posted by: Michael Sledden (---.176.42.254.ptr.us.xo.net)
Date: December 06, 2010 11:35AM

The peel and stick decals that Decal Connection has now are so much better. They are very thin and also are applied like vinyl decals, where you have a backing, the decal and a cover sheet. You pull off the backing and apply the decal to its location and then peel away the cover sheet. You never get any finger prints on the decal any more.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 06, 2010 11:40AM

I have ordered two sheets from them. Waiting for delivery. But they are said to be thinner then the old ones.
Give them a call They also have stuff to keep them movable

I think you just missed the sale

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Dick Ross (---.ien.ada.in.ena.net)
Date: December 06, 2010 02:01PM

Just got off the phone with Decal connection and found out some things. I use a inkjet printer (I am cheap), and the new peel and stick is not compatible with that. They do still have some of the waterslide inkjet paper, so I bought a sheet of both. Someday I need to upgrade to a laser I guess.

Posted by: Bruce Tomaselli (---.altnpa.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 09, 2010 08:48PM

I have used the peel-n-stick from the Decal Connection and I really like them.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 09, 2010 10:18PM

Got mine in and put one on a piece of scrap. Very nice. easy to work

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 22, 2010 08:27AM

The white vinyl peel and stick media from Papilio works fine with my Canon inkjet. I spray a fixer onto them before applying. This is just media, and has no design on them. You design the label in a graphics program, then print and apply. There are two issues to keep in mind with peel and stick. The edges will be white, so you have to deal with that if you don't cut them to be exactly the right size and taper to close on the blank. You can use a permanent marker to make the edge the color of the blank-with darker blanks black works fine. You can wrap paper around the blank to get the exact dimension that will wrap totally and close accurately, however. Then use a trim wrap at the ends. The other issue is that once they are touched to the blank, they probably won't move. They can be removed and another applied, however. I've had to do that now and then.

This label media prints beautifully-I've even printed photographs onto them and used them on a rod. I set my printer to the "matte photo paper" setting and usually jack up the intensity about 15%, depending on the design.

I have never mastered the water slide decal. Never did when I was a kid on model planes, still haven't. The peel and stick decals have been my salvation.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster