I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod Builkding Logos help
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.midd.adsl.virginmedia.com)
Date: July 20, 2010 04:51PM

Can anyone help?
I'd like to buy a couple of Rod building logos, but can't seem to organise the return postage from over here in the UK.
OK, it's a cheek I know, but can someone get me a couple and send them over to the UK and I'll get the postage sent over to you straight away?
Thanks for any help.
Phil.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod Builkding Logos help
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: July 20, 2010 04:57PM

All you have to do is send an envelope with a 5x7 envelope with enough postage to to get it back to you. A couple decals will only weigh .25 ounces. Add that to the weight of your return envelope and ask your Post what the correct amount would be.

Don't worry if you put a little too much on the return envelope - it won't go too far. It will stop when it reaches you.

Posted by: Grant Darby (---.wavecable.com)
Date: July 20, 2010 05:25PM

Now that, Tom, was funny!

Posted by: Jim Gamble (97.106.17.---)
Date: July 20, 2010 08:02PM

Phillip -

Is the problem obtaining US postage stamps for the return journey??

Jim -

Posted by: Charlie Armontrout (---.dmt.ntelos.net)
Date: July 20, 2010 10:05PM

Philip,

Whoever you wish to buy your decals from would certainly see that they got back to you or otherwise the business would not last very long. Send an e-mail to the business selling the decals like you did to this board, describe to them what you want and then they will be responsible to get the proper postage on the package to get them back to you.

Getting the return postage for the return package is not your responsibility, you may have to pay for it as part of the order, but you don't need to send the stamps to them . . .hopefully they have enough business saavy to get the stamps!!

Good luck and keep 'em turnin'

Charlie

Date: July 20, 2010 10:17PM

I think he's talking about the International Custom Rod Building Symbol. His local Post should be able to get him what he needs.

Date: July 21, 2010 02:21PM

Hi Guys, yes it's the International Custom Rod Building Symbol I'm after.
The problem I have Tom, is getting the US stamps for my pre-paid envelope hence my post that someone can help me.
I'd be delighted to put as much postage on and more if I could, but over here I can't buy US postage stamps. (can you guys buy English stamps?).
I can easily send over the correct size envelopes with my return address on one of them.
I'm hoping to send over a return envelope for someone to get it stamped up for return to me and I will get the cost straight back via PayPa or any other means possible.
Cheers,
Phil.

Posted by: John Repaci (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: July 21, 2010 03:11PM

Phil,
Check your email

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Mark Twain
John in Wethersfield, CT

Date: July 21, 2010 03:48PM

Thanks John for your kind offer of help, I've replied in person to you.

Regards,
Phil.

Posted by: Charlie Armontrout (---.dmt.ntelos.net)
Date: July 22, 2010 12:33AM

Thanks Tom,

Someday you have to tell me how you use that mental telepathy technique - If I had seen the words "International Custom Rod Building Symbol" logo I would have immediately known what the gentleman was wanting. Maybe it was the large expanse of water between us and him that I was not calibrated for. Just a case of him thinking one thing and me thinking another.

"Tis best be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"

Charlie

Date: July 22, 2010 08:08AM

No telepathy, just a guess. I could easily have been wrong.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster