I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

can anyone give me a review on CUI Blanks
Posted by: Vince Nadosky (---.dsl.dytnoh.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 24, 2010 04:33PM

I have a customer looking for a low priced custome Rod for me to make into a Pittsburgh steelers themed rod. Can anyone give me any reviews on the cui honey yellow surf rods 10'. This guys is accustom,ed to nightsticks so if it is on the heavy side that will not be an issue.

Vince Nadosky

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: can anyone give me a review on CUI Blanks
Posted by: edward torres (---.mobile.mymmode.com)
Date: April 24, 2010 05:11PM

Actually the blank is not heavy at all the fiber clothe they use is real light and has an excellent bent like a lamiglas 10' 1 pc. The only issue for me is that it's a bit large on the butt. Uncertain as to what type reel but will work good on a 113h and excellent on a shimano torium 30. 20 to 50lb class.

Rod, Reels and 18 wheels.

Posted by: Marco Antonio (---.cpe.vivax.com.br)
Date: April 24, 2010 11:00PM

I really like CUI, are very light, but my preference is the benchmark very, very good

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2010 08:18AM by Marco Antonio.

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 25, 2010 12:15AM

Vince, First of all their not honey yellow as we know it to be, their the color of French's yellow mustard.Not like a Fenwick, Fisher, or Lamiglas, and yes they will make a great inexpensive meat stick. Add another $20 to the cost and you can get a branded blank that would be more worthy of all the work your gonna put into a theme rod. Now don't get me wrong, if you want to dead stick with cut bait they'll do it all day long , but for the amount of effort your going to put into it I would go better. Then again I'm not your customer.
I have some on hand, I think I bought 3 of each of their yellow big water blanks and built my niece and boyfriend a set of 10'ers for the beach simply wrapped with black thread and cork taped handles. I also did a few boat rods with the 7'ers in black over red underwraps which came out pleasing to the recipient.
Due to their in-expense you can keep a few on hand for those on a budget with the passion to commit. With a good set up they'll still fish better than what you get off the rack.
In closing, if money is truly an issue and the rod will spend most of its life on the wall of a game room then so be it, go with the CUI blank.
Denis J. Danku

Posted by: Marco Antonio (---.cpe.vivax.com.br)
Date: April 25, 2010 08:24AM

Vince sorry I talk about blanks for bait, did not pay attention to your question, yellows can not say anything

Posted by: Vince Nadosky (---.dsl.dytnoh.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 25, 2010 02:38PM

Thank you for the reviews. The rod will actually be used for Paylakes in ohio. He will be using a abu 6500 c3 on it with more than likely 20lb tritanium plus. A typical set up for him is a 12 in weighted fl;oat and 1 oz of sinkers he fishes live bait as well a cut bait. He needs to have the hitting power to set the hook on 15-60 lb Bluecats and Flatheads.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster