I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Holographic Decal Material
Posted by: John Repaci (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: March 01, 2010 12:28PM

Has anyone noticed that the holographic decal material is out of stock at Texascraft with no expected restocking date?
This is the email I got in answer to my request.

Mr. Repaci,

At this time there is no ETA for these products. While not fully discontinued, we are attempting to secure the resources to once again begin manufacturing of these holographic sheets and at this point have no expectation of when exactly that may be. We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible and apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you,

Anthony King
HPS LLC
[www.texascraft.com]
(817) 489-5249

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Mark Twain
John in Wethersfield, CT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2010 12:31PM by John Repaci.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Holographic Decal Material
Date: March 01, 2010 01:43PM

Hi, Chuck,
We had a lot of hype regarding the "electric decals". Now that I have a need, we have no source.
Does anyone know of a substitute?

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Mark Twain
John in Wethersfield, CT

Posted by: Jerry Poindexter (---.tx.res.rr.com)
Date: March 01, 2010 03:09PM

Have you tried asking Lance at Swampland if he still has some of the decal media paks that included a couple of holo sheets?

Posted by: Chad Huderle (---.static.twtelecom.net)
Date: March 01, 2010 03:10PM

Swampland sells a decal kit that includes 2 sheets of white vinyl, 1 sheet of gold metallic and one sheet of silver metallic. The website still lists the holographic paper as part of that package. Even if they don't have the holo available, the gold and silver work great and look really nice.

Here's a link, [www.swamplandtackle.com]

Good Luck

Thanks,
Chad Huderle

Huderle Custom Rods
Prior Lake, MN

Date: March 01, 2010 03:41PM

Bill Stevens told me at the ICRBE to go directly to Texascraft. That tells me that they don't have any.

John in Wethersfield, CT

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: March 01, 2010 03:42PM

The holographic media, Silver Holoshine, was a specialty product manufactured in China and the manufacturer has discontinued the product. Texas Craft is trying to locate another supplier.

The Holographic Bubbles media is available in Laser Media and is listed on the Texas Craft Site.

Swampland has sold out of the media kits.

John Repaci please use the Contact Us link - I will take care of your immediate needs.

[www.swamplandtackle.com]

Posted by: Anthony King (69.149.78.---)
Date: March 01, 2010 05:39PM

Greetings Rod Builders, from Texascraft.

My name is Anthony King, representing Texascraft, HPS.

As Mr. Stevens has said, we lost our connection to our primary supplier of this material. It was never our intention to mislead customers and certainly never to provide poor customer service, but as we attempted different methods of procuring this particular product, our story tended to change as well. We use key components from vendors and then laminate, sheet, cut and more to produce this media. We kept trying new methods and new ideas to bring this product back to our shelves - one week the new idea is to try a different laminate, the next a new adhesive, the next it's to take a whole other approach entirely. You think you have a great idea, you try it out and fall a little short and that's where we've been for some time now. The story we deliver to our customers that may seem to change every week, is in point of fact, changing every week.

Just as important as getting the product back in stock, was doing so at an affordable price, while maintaining the degree of quality you have come to expect from our products in the past. We could not just settle on any solution to make a sale, we have to be sure that when we do have this media available, it adheres to the standards we have set for ourselves as a company and the standards our customers have come to expect from us as well. We've made every effort to keep our customers aware of the situation and will continue to do so. We appreciate your patience and your understanding as we work toward replenishing our supply.

To all the Rod Builders out there, you are appreciated.

Thank you all,

Anthony King
HPS LLC
[www.texascraft.com]
(817) 489-5249

Date: March 01, 2010 05:46PM

Anthony,
Thank you for your response

John in Wethersfield, CT

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: March 01, 2010 07:36PM

Anthony,

Can the "Bubble Holo" be used with an inkjet in a pinch???

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Date: March 01, 2010 09:17PM

Hi, Everyone,
Bill Stevens has offered to make a decal for me.
This is the first time I've been stuck on a quick delivery. I have to paint the rod PINK, too.
Many, many thanks to Bill for saving me here. I've been offered two more rods if this one "fishes" well.
Also, it's for the man's wife for her birthday. Much stress!! This is supposed to be fun.

John in Wethersfield, CT

Posted by: Ron Asker (---.lew.clearwire-dns.net)
Date: March 02, 2010 10:25PM

Mike Barkley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anthony,
>
> Can the "Bubble Holo" be used with an inkjet in a
> pinch???

I have used bubble and stardust. The stardust creates a dazzling effect in sunlight. The bubble pattern is more subtle but is striking in its own right and is closer to the regular holographic effect. The little circles on the bubble medium reflect the light at different angles so its a different effect. I have also used the plain silver and gold which look amazingly clean printed on black and applied to a black blank. Something about glossy black and a bit of shiney gold looks over the top classy to my eye.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster