I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Renzetti lathe drive belt
Posted by: Michael Mayo (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 11, 2010 10:46PM

I have a Renzetti Rod lathe and I just ordered the newer motor and foot pedal setup. Man do they charge a ton of money for this stuff. Everything Renzetti sells cost a fortune????? Anyway I forgot to order another drivebelt at the same time....DUH! So I was wondering if anyone here has found an alternate cheap source for the mini V-belt that is used on the Renzetti Lathe. I have searched around the net looking but without a size or manufacturer # it is impossible to tell what exactly I need. Thanks for any help you folks might be able to share.

Michael Mayo
Senior IT Support Engineer
Milford, CT.
"I work so I can Fish"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Renzetti lathe drive belt
Posted by: Tom Kelly (---.sd.sd.cox.net)
Date: February 12, 2010 12:17AM

Michael, my Renzetti belt is a "Gates 3M315"... and there are a number of sources online from which you can buy them.

Date: February 12, 2010 08:01AM

Tom Kelly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Michael, my Renzetti belt is a "Gates 3M315"...
> and there are a number of sources online from
> which you can buy them.

Thank you Tom the letters are all worn off on mine much appreciated.

Michael Mayo
Milford, CT.
"I work so I can Fish"

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: February 12, 2010 10:05AM

Michael,
I have no idea what you had to pay for a foot pedal.
But if you want to go right to the source in the future, go to Linemaster.com and order the replacement pedal directly from the manufacurer.

These are very high quality industrial pedals that will last many many years.

[linemaster.com]

From their web site- you can find your nearest local distributor, of if you need to; you can order directly from the manufacturer.

For the motor, you can go directly to Graingers.com and place an order for your replacement motor.

Take care
Roger

Date: February 12, 2010 06:23PM

roger wilson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Michael,
> I have no idea what you had to pay for a foot
> pedal.
> But if you want to go right to the source in the
> future, go to Linemaster.com and order the
> replacement pedal directly from the manufacurer.
>
> These are very high quality industrial pedals that
> will last many many years.
>
> [linemaster.com]
> atNo=ACVariableSpeedControl
>

Roger,
I have the original design pedal with motor assy. the pedal is perfectly fine but without the A/C adapter which stopped functioning it is no longer of any use as they no longer use the older motor design and pedal. So I had to purchase the newer Dayton motor and solid state pedal through Renzetti. If I could of gotten the adapter from linemaster I am going to be seriously perturbed. Although I think the newer design motor and pedal will hopefully be better than the old design. We will see.
> From their web site- you can find your nearest
> local distributor, of if you need to; you can
> order directly from the manufacturer.
>
> For the motor, you can go directly to
> Graingers.com and place an order for your
> replacement motor.
>
> Take care
> Roger

Michael Mayo
Milford, CT.
"I work so I can Fish"

Date: February 12, 2010 06:28PM

It looks like Linemaster only covers the pedals and they are the same as the newer designed one I ordered from Renzetti. My older designed motor and pedal didn't interface the same as these newer ones. There was a seperate plug for the pedal which plugged directly into the motor housing and then another receptacle that you plugged the small A/C adapter into. The motor housing has a rheostat on the front and a switch that allowed you to use either the foot switch or the rheostat to control speed of the lathe. Very old model lathe but the bed and uprights are the same as the current ones. as well as the headstock.

Michael Mayo
Milford, CT.
"I work so I can Fish"

Date: February 12, 2010 11:24PM

Micachael,
Any of these ac/dc series wound motors that are used to power the typical ac powered rod wrapper can be controlled by any of the readily available electronic or mechanical rheostat style controls.

It is a simple matter to change the wiring of any of these lathes if needed.

All that you have are two wires going to the motor and possibly switche and or other controls that switch or don't switch contacts or pedals to other uses and or sources.

Take care
Roger

Date: February 12, 2010 11:28PM

p.s.
The controller that is used in todays linemaster variable speed ac controller is nothing more than a nylon base with a nylon foot rest on top of it with an arm on the back of the base. The arm pressess against a variable switch which is nothing more than the typical variable speed ac drill motor controller.

Actually, I think that linemaster was quite clever to use this design. There are literally millions of these controllers in use today in the world. Thus the manufacturing cost of these controllers are measured in only a few dollars.

Linemaster makes the nylon injection molds for the foot pedal and takes care of the molding. Then, the simple addition of these inexpensive readily available controls make a very very good switch that is available at a very competitive price.

Take care
Roger

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 14, 2010 10:15AM

I just picked up a spare belt,just in case. got it here

[www.plccenter.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster