I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Grouped Photos of rods
Posted by: Dale Cecil (---.207-68.panhandle.res.rr.com)
Date: December 27, 2009 02:48PM

I would like to know the photo editing programs people here are using to put multipul pictuers together on one picture of the same rod

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Grouped Photos of rods
Posted by: Chad Huderle (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: December 27, 2009 03:09PM

There are many but I use Paint Shop Pro X from Corel. Photo Shop is another, although pricier, option. There are many others as well if you Google "image editing software". Good luck.

Thanks,
Chad Huderle

Huderle Custom Rods
Prior Lake, MN

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 27, 2009 04:30PM

Paint Shop Pro

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: justin keithley (---.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com)
Date: December 27, 2009 04:36PM

Paint.net is a good, free editing application.

Regards,
-Justin

Date: December 27, 2009 06:05PM

Thanks much everyone Ill try those I use to have photo shop but its very expensive

Posted by: Chuck McIntyre (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: December 27, 2009 06:12PM

Try searching free downloads from cnet.com
Chuck

Posted by: Barry Chapman (---.41.70.115.static.exetel.com.au)
Date: December 27, 2009 06:42PM

Paintshop pro or for free program's try Paint.Net or Gimp jusr google those names to obtain the links

Barry

Posted by: Silvia Davis (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: December 27, 2009 10:38PM

Dale,

Is this a one time deal that you need this for? Or are you beginning to do a series of pictures?

Silvia Davis
Bullard International

Date: December 28, 2009 11:55AM

Ill be using it alot I hope trying to build my Name and Buisness up Obamah has me unemployied

Posted by: Owen Dare (120.155.42.---)
Date: December 28, 2009 04:25PM

Try GIMP.
It's free and on a par with photoshop features wise.

Posted by: Silvia Davis (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: December 28, 2009 05:46PM

Well let me see what I can put together for you. Can you send me about a dozen photos? They don't have to be anything special. Just let me set it up for you and then you will have it as a template. I wouldn't suggest this to someone who has all the bells and whistles, but it sounds like you just need a simple photoviewer and an easy photo editor. I will send you a link to several photo editors. I am pretty much like Sam Drucker, (now I'm dating myself) I wear lots of different hats. I do graphic work so I should be able to send you something that will help you.

BullardIntlD2@aol.com

Please tell me I'm not the only one who knows who Sam Drucker is either!!

Silvia Davis
Bullard International

Posted by: Roger Rierson (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: December 29, 2009 12:49PM

Silvia,

Petticoat Junction.

Posted by: James Hicks (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 29, 2009 08:37PM

Green Acres.

Posted by: James Hicks (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 29, 2009 09:04PM

The software I like to use is called IPhoto Plus by Ulead. I use the original v1.1 that came with a scanner and it does everything I need. There is a new version that runs about $50 and it lists a lot of neat features but doesn't list a few of my favorite ones and I've seen no reason to upgrade.

Posted by: Steven Paris (---.dsl.louisacomm.net)
Date: December 30, 2009 05:53AM

Sam D....I believe he sold custom rods in Hooterville
steve

Posted by: Gary Henderson (---.mco.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 30, 2009 05:48PM

Ah, Mr. Frank Cady, the proprietor of Drucker's General Store in Hooterville. (I wonder if that's where the restaurant came up with the name.....

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.chi.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: January 13, 2010 03:58PM

There is another way to skin this cat. You can open a new document in MS Word, then insert a number of text boxes (tool bar at the top under "insert") with the sizes and spacing you prefer. Then save it as a template ("Save as" and choose file type "document template") with a title as you prefer. Whenever you want to do a new page, open the template, fill it in, then save it as a normal document. Your template will remain for future use.

To fill the boxes hit the "insert" button again while the cursor is in the text box (click inside the box), then select "photo from file" and browse for your photo. You can type between the boxes, select "format" then "text box" then "layout" then the type of text/text box layout that you want.

Practice a bit and it becomes pretty easy to use, and you don't need any graphics program at all. (Although the graphics programs mentioned in other posts are very handy for manipulating your photos-you can keep full file sizes for max quality on the sheets you use for documenting the builds and resize to smaller file sizes for the forum or emails-graphics programs do this very easily).

I recommend you set up your own template as it will give you expertise in manipulating the documents/templates, but if you want to see one I use, send me an email.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster