I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Question: Blank Wish List
Posted by: Richard Glabach (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 28, 2009 08:38PM

Ultra light extra fast 7.5 foot plus 2 piece spinning blank - 4 to 8 lb test

Thanks for asking!

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tom White (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: September 28, 2009 09:46PM

My wish list:
2-pc 2wt 6 1/2' fast action fly rod blank for short casts with 3wt line
Thanks, Team Mud Hole

Tom White
Rod & Reel Restoration

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: September 28, 2009 10:32PM

I'm with Jim Gamble. More multi pc blanks!!!!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Mike Bradford (---.propel.com)
Date: September 28, 2009 11:06PM

Multi-piece blanks. I would have had orders in for your pink and purple blanks and reel seats if they came in more then one piece. Pre shaped cork grips (for those of us that don't shape our grips) with things like a checker board band, or something other then just "cork".

Posted by: Sean Cheaney (---.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: September 28, 2009 11:22PM

Not sure if this is an option, but touching on what Tom said, there is auto body shop next to Mudhole. I have no clue if they would be open to painting their blanks for them, but just an out loud thought there.

Posted by: Bobby Haynes (208.87.244.---)
Date: September 28, 2009 11:29PM

Colors would be nice, also i would like to find someone with reasonable bamboo fly rod blanks.

Posted by: Stan Grace (174.44.170.---)
Date: September 28, 2009 11:45PM

Multi piece S/J blanks as well as CCS, ERN and AA values for blanks.

Stan Grace
Helena, MT
"Our best is none too good"

Posted by: David Garland (---.hcrdtn.dsl.dynamic.tds.net)
Date: September 29, 2009 12:20AM

More 4 piece ultralight spinning options. I build alot of these for trout fishing in the mountains, mostly on travel fly blanks. It seems people like to pack one when vacationing and don't have room for even two piece rods.

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.pool.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: September 29, 2009 01:45AM

I would love to see more 2 piece , 7' to 7'6" long , light action Crappie blanks for casting 1/16 oz jigs. They are so hard to find in 2 piece.
I also agree with the others on Gloss Black and Pearl colors.
Thanks Team Mudhole for asking our opinion. Your customer service is second to none.

J.B.Hunt
Bowling Green, KY

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 29, 2009 01:56AM

A 9ft ,one piece blank designed for bunkerspoons that will fit a Steaurt Tuff-Butt (like the AMETK ESW761H), and E-glass blanks in white. You got em in pink , why not white!
Thanks,
Dennis J. Danku

P.S. The AMTEK ESW761H is a 7.5ft.but if you can streach it to 9ft that would be perfect, you would'nt have to make extended butts to accept the TUFF-BUTTS.

Posted by: Robert Benton (---.hvc.rr.com)
Date: September 29, 2009 05:33AM

More choices in 2 pc fly rod blanks. I am curently looking for an 8wt and without spending $300 it seems I am limited. idealy I would choose a 9'6" under 2.5oz and under $150.
You folks are the best!
Regards,
Bob

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 29, 2009 06:27AM

Bobby Haynes -
Define "affordable" bamboo blanks... or unhide (provide) your email address

Posted by: Fred Kerr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: September 29, 2009 07:53AM

I'd like to see shorter surf blanks , say 8' to 9', capable of handling up to at least 8 ounces and more. I'm sure this can be accomplished by cutting longer blanks. But that's too much of a crapshoot and expense for low volume builders. I've thought for a while that this shorter blank might become popular among older surf fisherman (like me) who aren't able to swing a much longer rod as easily as they once were. I've used the old Lamiglas MB965M very successfully for up to 6 ounces, but would like to be handle more w/o a lot more length.

Posted by: Mike Winkler (---.samuelmanutech.com)
Date: September 29, 2009 09:21AM

6'6" to 7' medium or medium light. x-fast in 1 & 2 piece would be awesome.

A series of Mudhole 2 and 4 piece reasonably priced fly blanks with a couple color variations would be nice. No need to get all wild and crazy.

Posted by: Lou Auret (204.16.161.---)
Date: September 29, 2009 11:32AM

Multipart blanks.
CCS so we can see what we are ordering.
If the built rod can get into a carry on for air travel there is no competition.That means sections under 30 inches. I have folks wanting rods to take to New Guinea, Oz etc by air, all want to carry their rods with them so they do not get damaged or stolen. So its not just light stuff,its heavy stuff too: they target GT's,tuna,shark etc too.
Cases that you can carry the completed rods in that are both TSA friendly and very secure. Plus do not look like some old drainage pipes.
Thanks for asking!

Posted by: Robert Russell (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: September 29, 2009 11:45AM

I'd like to see more options for 7' and up extra fast actions in all powers.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: September 29, 2009 02:24PM

The back or inside of the blank package header card should instruct as to whether a ferrule reinforcement wrap is needed along with how long to make it should be required.

I've never understood why blank manufacturers didn't use the empty space on the bag header cards to provide any pertinent information about the product and its use.

Posted by: gary Marquardt (141.211.233.---)
Date: September 29, 2009 02:35PM

more switch rod blanks. I know there are very few out there right now but they have been my biggest requested item. My customers like the TFO switch rod but I don't think that blank is available yet. If it were I could probably sell 6 of them overnight. Also some less expensive 8' 2 pc 5 wt fly blanks for beginners rods. And while we are at it. nickle silver fly reel seats without the wood inserts. Many of us turn our own. You used to carry them in downlocking.

Posted by: Chuck Payne (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: September 29, 2009 03:46PM

Tom Kirkman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The back or inside of the blank package header
> card should instruct as to whether a ferrule
> reinforcement wrap is needed along with how long
> to make it should be required.
>
> I've never understood why blank manufacturers
> didn't use the empty space on the bag header cards
> to provide any pertinent information about the
> product and its use.
>
> ...............

I agree

Posted by: C. Royce Harrelson (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 29, 2009 11:07PM

Kudos to you guys for opening this pandora's box. I would limit my wishes to just more 2 peice blanks.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster