I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

ruined decal
Posted by: Mark Clooten (89.105.196.---)
Date: June 15, 2009 06:07PM

I got in the rodbuilders decal I sent for. It had been folded over inside the self addressed and stamped envelope I sent by the instructions. What good is a decal once folded and stretched and why was this done? Couldn't somebody there have seen it did not fit???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ruined decal
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 15, 2009 06:15PM

Let's review - Every offer I have made for the free decal has included the stipulation that you must provide a "5x7 inch SASE." The decals are 5 inches in diameter, your letter sized envelope has a maximum height of 4 inches. If you know of a way to put a 5 inch diameter decal into a 4 inch tall envelope without folding it, I'm all ears.

When I receive a regular sized letter envelope and a request for the free decal, I have 3 options. First, I can just toss the sender's envelope in the trash and forget about it. Second, I can use my time and postage to return the sender's SAE to him along with a note explaining what a "5x7 inch envelope" is and why I specified a particular size. Or third, I can lightly fold the decal and send it on its way, hoping that it may arrive in usable condition.

For reasons of available time and expediency, I always choose the third option.

If the decal you received is unusable, you have at least 2 options. First, ask for a refund. Or second, send another SASE, a 5x7 inch envelope this time, and request another decal.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.sttl.mdsg-pacwest.com)
Date: June 15, 2009 06:28PM

people are wonderful when they listen --or read instructions -

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Robert Russell (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: June 15, 2009 06:45PM

And then have the audacity to complain. Imagine anyone complaining about getting something for free. It really is unbelievable.

Posted by: Jon Black (---.stx.res.rr.com)
Date: June 15, 2009 09:30PM

Order a couple of back issues of Rod Maker Magazine, and it comes in un-folded. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2009 09:31PM by Jon Black.

Posted by: matthew jacobs (---.2.117.75.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: June 15, 2009 09:51PM

Buy the CD and there is 1 in the package.

Posted by: Charlie Armontrout (---.dmt.ntelos.net)
Date: June 15, 2009 10:04PM

"No good deed goes unpunished"

My dear wife hates it when I say that . . probably because it is so prevalent.

Thanks to Tom for all of his efforts in all of the things he does in support of the Rodbuilding Arts. Imagine if he was in cahoots with Dale & Gene back in the 70's - WOW

Charlie
tightlinerods@aol.com

Posted by: Jeremy Wagner (---.sta.embarqhsd.net)
Date: June 16, 2009 10:02AM

Tom,

I just wanted to say thanks for the three decals you sent to me. I have one for my truck, one for my wife's van ("What is that?!?" she asked when I told her it was going on her van!), and another that still needs a home...

I went overboard and sent a 6x9 envelop with carboard in it to protect the decals. They came back so quickly that I thought I had screwed something up and the Post Office was returning my envelop. Turns out it was the decals!

jeremy

Posted by: Ben Lee (159.83.196.---)
Date: June 16, 2009 10:44AM

Tom,

Can you use options number 4 and that is create a label with the requestor's name and address and stick it on the back of the decal and sent it out ?

Just a thought... Other people, including Mr. Postman will see it and be memorizes by it.

Cheers...

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 16, 2009 10:48AM

We have now distributed over 49,900 of these decals. Granted, some builders have 2 or 3 each (most only got the one in Volume 11 #4), but that still puts the number of users in the tens of thousands.

I hadn't planned to print any more but most likely I'll do another 10,000 and continue sending them with back issue orders. The program has been tremendously successful.

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.skylan.net)
Date: June 17, 2009 07:50AM

How many times have I read, "Send a SASE 5 X 7 envelope.

I have a sticker on my truck and boat which I proudly display . I have yet to see another one in my little area of N.E. Ohio.

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: Ben Lee (159.83.196.---)
Date: June 17, 2009 11:54AM

Please forgive us Bill E. Most children like my Jr. wouldn't know the unit of measurement it refer to. Only with an experience person like yourself, its a no brainer.

Cheers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster