I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Positive USPS Experience
Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (24.145.81.---)
Date: June 05, 2009 05:56PM

Since everyone usually ends up slamming shippers, thought I would post a positive.

USPS had a rod in their possession less than 24 hours had it delivered to other side of state. In the approximately 18 hours they had it, the tube was crushed and bent about 80 degrees. The rod was destroyed... broken in 3 places. It was a repair and split grip conversion on a factory rod.

Since I do my postage online, I submitted a claim online. Submitted the Bass Pro web page showing cost of new rod, pdf of my receipt for repair and split grip work, photo of tube and photo of rod broken with the bubble wrap.

Checking on claim. Still says status pending after 1.5 weeks. Today I have a check in the mailbox for the cost of the rod, my invoice, and an additional $15 (Guessing the cost of shipping the damaged article? - haven't done math yet.)

Very simple, just took a week to get the money. I'm pretty satisfied. Didn't even have to talk to anyone.

Best of all - customer just said "Replace it with one of your rods." Nice!

-----------------
AD

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Positive USPS Experience
Posted by: Tony Hill (---.249.228.87.Dial1.Washington2.Level3.net)
Date: June 05, 2009 08:43PM

I've had several things damaged by USPS and they have great claim service.

Just make sure to insure your package for a sufficient amount to cover repair/replacement. It's definitely worth the cost.

-TH

Posted by: Mo Yang (---.static.rvsd.ca.charter.com)
Date: June 05, 2009 08:59PM

Yes, I too like USPS.

Mo

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: June 06, 2009 12:27AM

I use USPS almost exclusively.

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Roger Rierson (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: June 06, 2009 01:59AM

As a employee of the USPS, we thank you.

Roger
Greensboro, NC

Posted by: john channer (---.228.159.97.Dial1.Denver1.Level3.net)
Date: June 06, 2009 10:01PM

The USPS has been in the business of getting things from point A to point B for longer than most anybody I know of on the planet. They have the best rates and the best service of any shipper there is, it's just not worth considering shipping a rod any other way. I do take the precaution of putting my bamboo fly rods in schedule 40 PVC tubes to ship them, but I can still send a rod across the country for 25 bucks or less and I'm pretty confident they'll get there in the same number of pieces I put in the tube.fwiw
john

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 06, 2009 10:04PM

I have yet to receive a broken blank or rod via USPS.

Bill in WV

Posted by: Richard Hahn (---.ssa.gov)
Date: June 09, 2009 12:47PM

Guess I'll see .......... bought 3 Batson Blanks from someone here ............ came in with 2 snapped about 2 ft up so and the third suspect since the other 2 were snapped. You could see where the tube was bent and bent back. Made the claim last week so I hope my experience is as good as yours.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster