I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Lami LSJ862??? Senko's?
Posted by: Scott Sheets (---.sub-166-156-63.myvzw.com)
Date: May 03, 2009 11:05PM

Has anyone used this blank? If so how would it handle senko's. I have a customer looking for a rod in that length range for open water senko's. Looking at a few blanks to trim down, wondering how that one would do.

Thanks,

Scott Sheets
www.smsrods.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lami LSJ862??? Senko's?
Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 04, 2009 07:50AM

Scott;
Can't speak for the Lami. blank, but this blank makes an awesome Sinko rod.
I use 30 lb braid, and it casts like a rocket with the Micro guides
Batson's RX8+C812 6'9" Medium Fast 8-14 1/4-5/8oz. 1.85oz. Satin Black
Senko Special

Posted by: Mike Clements (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 04, 2009 09:24AM

Scott;

I use this blank for throwing Yozuri 3D minnows & small Rapala jerk baits. It works great & u can throw them a long way. Maybe a little lite for Senko's. I use ATC Viper Mag Bass for Senko's here in FLA. Either the 6 1/2 or the & 7 ft. Just built an AVMB-844-BL from MudHole set it up for spinning & on first cast landed a 2 1/2 lb largemouth on a Senko.

Mike

Posted by: Robert Russell (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: May 04, 2009 09:43AM

I'm with Mike, I think the 862 is probably a little light for what you want. It's too bad they don't make an 863 as I think that would be a great rod for us bass guys.

Posted by: Scott Sheets (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: May 04, 2009 10:22AM

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have a line on something else I am going to try ( Thanks Robert) If it works out I'll let you guys know.

Scott Sheets
www.smsrods.com

Posted by: Darrell Diskey (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: May 04, 2009 07:04PM

Scott,

If you're still looking, I just built a couple Lamiglas LMB 843's in casting and spinning for Senko fishing on the CA Delta. My customer loves them for this application. The LSJ 862 is not powerful enough to bury 3-4/0 hooks, in my opinion. I've built nice shaky head rods from the LSJ 862 though; fabulous blank like all the XMG50's.

Darrell

Posted by: Mike Thompson (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: May 04, 2009 11:21PM

I'll second the Lami LMB843, perfect for senko's.

Mike Thompson
Thompson's Custom Rods

It is impossible to make anything foolproof, because fools are so ingenious!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster