I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Advertising
Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.scana.com)
Date: April 15, 2009 02:41PM

I found that I do lots of business standing at the weigh in after tournaments... so it's now real easy for prospective clients to find me! It's usually been look for a guy in the X shirt and X hat.

Trumping Bill Stevens on this one... I got a BIGGER name!

[www.rodbuilding.org]

-----------------
AD

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Advertising
Posted by: Lance Lapeyrouse (---.msy.bellsouth.net)
Date: April 15, 2009 04:04PM

It's amazing what wearing a fancy shirt at a marina or tournament can do.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2009 04:10PM by Moderator.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: April 15, 2009 04:11PM

Look guys, if you're operating a commercial enterprise and expect to reap business from this website, do the right thing and talk to me about becoming a sponsor. Thanks.

Date: April 15, 2009 04:12PM

no im not the owner, and i'm sorry if it looked like i was plugging them. phoenix makes most of the shirts for NHRA race teams and that's how i know of them. i posted a link to their site because that's the only company i'm aware of that does that sort of work.

Date: April 15, 2009 04:17PM

Lance,

I know you weren't shilling for them. I sent you an email to that effect.

But we already had another user post about their business. The rules are pretty plain - if you offer a product or service for sale, neither you nor your agent/s may advertise it here without being a sponsor.

If you're giving your product or service away for free, that's fine. But if you charge a fee for it, then you should be willing to pay a fee for advertising it.

Below is the advertising rule as stated in the forum rules and which have been in effect since about 2002 or something like that. I think they're more than fair.

ADVERTISING - Any company or invididual that wishes to benefit from sales of products, services, memberships, events, etc., from the audience on this site, must be willing to share in the owner's cost of operating and maintaining this site and its many related features.

Only those who are sponsors of Rodbuilding.org may post messages relating to their products and services. Mention of prices, however, is not allowed. Sponsors of Rodbuilding.org are allowed and even encouraged to attach their company affiliation to their signatures.

Non-sponsors who are owners, employees or agents of firms involved in the manufacture and/or sale of products and/or services are NOT allowed to use this board to advertise or promote their products, services or events nor are they allowed to attach their company affiliation to their signatures. Such will be considered advertising and is not allowed.

Please do not mention or list e Bay sales or @#$%& on the forum or the buy/sell/trade page.

Unless you are a sponsor, please do not list your personal website unless you do not sell anything other than custom rods. If you sell blanks and/or components, bait & tackle, guide services, etc., etc., please do not list your website in your post nor as part of your signature.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2009 04:24PM by Tom Kirkman.

Date: April 15, 2009 04:19PM

i got you. i was just trying to give some info to people who were looking for resources like that. in fact i've never even bought from that company.

Date: April 15, 2009 04:26PM

I understand, although I don't think anyone here requested such information. If they do, please pass it along to them. Thanks.

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (24.145.81.---)
Date: April 15, 2009 08:26PM

Sure hope I didn't offend anyone...

Any builder looking to advertise their business - shirts like this in the tournament environment exist for a reason. I encourage any builder interested in increasing sales to have jerseys made. It looks great and it's easy advertising. I'd say 70% of my rod sales originate after weigh in. It's cost effective as well when you look at advertising costs.

Again... the business side of rod building.

-----------------
AD

Posted by: Mike Pedersen (---.ec.res.rr.com)
Date: April 16, 2009 11:09AM

That last name had to put a hefty dent in your marketing budget.

Riley Rods-Hard Core Grips to Go!-----Carbon Fiber - Composite Grip Store-----Capt Mike's Blog-----No Excuses Fishing Charters

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.scana.com)
Date: April 16, 2009 11:40AM

ha ha ha!!!! I just want to know how they would have put it on there if I would have worn an XS not a XL!!!!

-----------------
AD

Posted by: Robert Balcombe (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: April 16, 2009 07:13PM

He guys it just makes good marketing sense If you mention a product on this site an make sure it is sold by a sponsor. Look at any type of mag. when ever a product is mentioned you well find that they it is carried by a contributing sponsor or the sponsor sales the item. Now I do not know what Tom' opinion on this is but here goes I just got the New RodMaker mag. there some awesome articles in it. I really enjoyed the one article about Turning Squares. What is about is making your own reel seats They used a product made by Minwax called Wood Hardner Now this product has nothing to do with rod building parse, I would say mentioning this product, I would say is safe. Hey without sponsorship any mag. well fold.

Good Wraps Bob

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster