I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Ball type fighting butt??
Posted by: Scott Sheets (---.sub-166-156-63.myvzw.com)
Date: March 19, 2009 04:43PM

Anyone know where I can find a ball type fighting butt? I have a customer that wants a set of grips copied exactly on a new rod, I have the old for repair. The rod has split cork grips. The rear is cork/eva with a half-round black eva butt and a sharp taper down. It looks like a giant fighting butt... I have searched a few site's and cant find anything.

Scott Sheets
www.smsrods.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ball type fighting butt??
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 19, 2009 04:54PM

This may not help you but I'll throw it out in just case. You can purchase a toy EVA ball, kid/pet toy, at most department or pet stores. Cut it in half, glue that half to the end of a cork section and you have a half-round ball fighting butt. We covered this in a past issue of RodMaker with an article and photos.

Just something to consider if you can't find what you're looking for. It works well and looks quite good.

Posted by: Darrin Heim (---.tukw.qwest.net)
Date: March 19, 2009 07:21PM

Hi Scott,

I am not sure by the description but we have an EVA fighting butt that is fairly large. If it's not right you might be able to shape it to what you need. It's marked an EB on our web site under the "butt cap" category.

Best Regards,

Darrin Heim
American Tackle Company

Posted by: Scott Sheets (---.sub-166-156-63.myvzw.com)
Date: March 19, 2009 10:18PM

Tom, that was my other option. I have the back issue and am thinking about that route.....I have found some others that look the same, but I don't need the hardware that comes with it...just the cork part.

Thanks for the info Darrin...I think I am just going to order the whole fighting butt and just not use the hardware....Does anyone know if they come mounted on the hardware or seperate??

Scott Sheets
www.smsrods.com

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 19, 2009 10:51PM

Scott, How about a solid cork the size of a golf ball,Perfectly round with a flat belly that you can bore to size? If your interested, E-mail me.
Dennis J. Danku

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.248.71.105.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: March 20, 2009 10:50AM

Mud Hole carries them in aluminum and colors. Gimbals

Bill - willierods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2009 10:52AM by bill boettcher.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster