I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Garden State Exhibit Show New Jersey
Posted by: Greg Calkins (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: March 13, 2009 07:44AM

is any body going to this show? is it worth it? i went to a motorcycle show there a couple years ago and it stunk!!! its about 1.5 hrs away from me and i dont wanna waste my time. if it is good who do you i see there?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Garden State Exhibit Show New Jersey
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 13, 2009 08:35AM

I don't know anything about it. If it's a rod building event they sure haven't advertised it.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 13, 2009 11:13AM

IF it's in Somerset, I went to a Woodworking and Fly Fishing show there - it gets JAM PACKED on the weekends. If I had to guess, 20,000+ at one time. The place is enormous, and at teh fly fishign show on Saturday aroundnoon - there isn't an ounceofspace in any of the aisles throughthe entire show. I think you're looking at the fishing show, whichwill be very well attended as well.

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2009 01:11PM

It is in somerset but it is the salt water fishing show that will be going on next weekend. From what I understand it is a good show.

Todd

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 13, 2009 02:33PM

Its about 20 mins. from Sayreville. There most likely will be some shops that build but dont expect to see much of it going on. Like Billy said, it,s a big place and the parking lot overflows so you know its going to be packed. Plenty to look at and people to talk to. A good way to kill an afternoon. Oh yeah, bring cash! Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Posted by: Greg Calkins (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: March 13, 2009 06:47PM

it is a salywater show. i thought there might be some builders there. is there going to be any shows in nj soon? im in sussex county so any show here or pas would do. how do i find out where shows will be? i saw this one in the fisherman.

thanks everyone for the quick response

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 13, 2009 10:51PM

Not a big show, but it's 100% Rodbuilding: [northeastrodbuilders.com]

Date: March 13, 2009 11:14PM

There are a limited number of rod building events held throughout the Country each year,. Most are small in scope but high in quality. Numerous RodMaker subscribers put on rod building events on a regional basis each year.

Date: March 13, 2009 11:14PM

There are a limited number of rod building events held throughout the Country each year,. Most are small in scope but high in quality. Numerous RodMaker subscribers put on rod building events on a regional basis each year.

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 14, 2009 02:23AM

Greg, I attended that show last year and met a guy that was showing/selling his rods that belonged to a club that was colled Tri State Rodbuilders. He was just over the river in Pa. and invited me to come to thier meetings if I wanted. If your looking to get together with other builders look him up when you go to the show or take up Billys offfer and plan to attend a NERBS event.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster