I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Renzetti Rod Lathe
Posted by: Jeffrey Janusonis (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: February 23, 2009 07:43PM

I am wanting to upgrade to a Renzrtti Lathe. Can anyone who has one of these untis tell me if the thread holder will accept Madera thread spools
as it comes out of the box or will it have to be modified in some way to accept the longer length of the Madera spool.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Renzetti Rod Lathe
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 23, 2009 09:18PM

It will accept spools at least 2-1/2 inches wide.

Posted by: Jason Alvarado (---.ccz-ncr.navy.mil)
Date: February 24, 2009 09:29AM

The thing is that Madeira spools are meant to be stood upright and have the thread lifted up from the top to feed an embroidery machine, not laid down and have the thread pulled off under tension like a fishing reel. Unless the Renzetti is special (and for the price it might very well be) its better to transfer the amount your going to use to an empty spool and mount that on the tensioner. Thats what works for the average rod wrapper.

Posted by: thad peach (66.129.100.---)
Date: February 24, 2009 11:23AM

I use madeira thread all the time on my renzetti I have to slide the thread rod over which is just a minor adjustment. I have no problem delivering more than enough thread tension without any problems. With a two homemade bushings I can even use the 4oz spools.

Thad
Dutchman's Creek Tackle

Date: February 24, 2009 11:34AM

I guess I'm thinking of the cone spools, which I dont think are well suited but I think you mean the 1100 ones that are capped on both ends and the thread wont "jump off" the side and wrap around the tensioner rod. In that case sure...

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 24, 2009 11:59AM

Renzetti has an attachment for the thread carriage that will handle the cone type spools, and large ones at that.

Date: February 24, 2009 12:04PM

Ahh I see.

Date: February 24, 2009 12:08PM

Just saw it...pretty neat

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster