I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

7' travel spinning blank
Posted by: Joe Doyle (167.3.56.---)
Date: February 23, 2009 03:04PM

I'm headed to Costa Rica in May for a few days for a company-paid vacation, and I will bring a rod. I would like to have something in the 7' Medium-action range, and was trying to find a three or more piece blank that is light on the wallet. I did a search of some vendors, but came up empty.

My thought is that I'd pair it with my Tica Libra 2500 with about 10 lb braid, which I'll use to fish around the resort.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 7' travel spinning blank
Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.187-72.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: February 23, 2009 03:19PM

St Croix is my personal favorite ... six options in the SC2 Inshore lineup. Three 7'0" models and three 7'6" models ... all three-piece construction with available matching cases.

Batson has the largest selection that I am aware of. Various price points and specifications.

Posted by: Jim Reinhardt (---.r-pschools.com)
Date: February 23, 2009 03:21PM

Batson Rainshadow RX 7
SB841-3 Clear Gloss 7'0" 3 piece 6-12lb. 1/8 - 3/8oz. butt 0.605 tip 5.5 Fast Medium-Light 2.20 oz.

Posted by: Jim Reinhardt (---.r-pschools.com)
Date: February 23, 2009 03:26PM

St. Croix

2SW70MF3 Spinning/Casting 7' 8-17 line 3/8-3/4 lure 3 piece Medium Power FAST ACTION Butt 0.565 Tip 5.0 2.3 oz. $135

Posted by: Donald Becker (---.lava.net)
Date: February 23, 2009 03:49PM

Both Lamiglas and American Tackle offer a range of 7' 3 piece blanks.

[www.lamiglas.com]

[www.americantackle.us]

I believe the Lamiglas blanks are made in the US and offer the original owner a limited lifetime warranty.

The American Tackle blanks cost less. (I'm unsure as to warranty).

Don

Don Becker

Posted by: Buzz Butters (---.ripon.k12.wi.us)
Date: February 23, 2009 03:50PM

Joe,
I have built a number of 3 pc travel spins on both the St. Croix and the Batson blanks. Both work and fish very well.
Buzz

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.mis.prserv.net)
Date: February 23, 2009 03:57PM

MudHole is have a sale on Lamiglass blanks.

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Jeff Szeker (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 23, 2009 04:30PM

Bingham enterprises has a 7 ft 3pc travel blank on thier closeout page you may want to take a look at.

Posted by: Matt Davis (---.prtel.com)
Date: February 24, 2009 07:11AM

Check out Sage...I did a 3-piece about a year ago...very nice blank.

Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Posted by: Joe Doyle (167.3.56.---)
Date: February 24, 2009 01:26PM

Thanks guys for all of the replies. I really appreciate the feedback. I will check them all out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster