I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

HTF rainshadow blank help - 846 ?
Posted by: Walter Lee (---.dsl.irvnca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 18, 2008 07:19PM

hi there all -
i am new to the rod building world - and GLAD to be Here.

My absolute favorite rod in the world , in my arsenal , is a Rainshadow 846 Extended to 7'10" ( so i can store it vertical in the House )
its listed as 15-25# , dont know the Action for fact - I beleive it to Be Fast , or X fast.....not certain .
Hands down , the most sensetive , quickest response , and best kelp & sand bass rod i have Ever used.
Ok , the Meat - Where in the world can i get another one? I had this one made back in 02 , by a guy local in the Los Angeles area ,
he is gone , and i hear rainshadow ( the Real rainshadow ) is Gone out of business , and i have searched EVERY site i know of --
i find #'s close , but no 846...... i REALLY want the Exact same blank - So , if i ever loose mine , I gots meeself a backup.

Can one of you please help ? - email is captwalterlee@yahoo.com ( dont know where the goofy 1 listed above came from )

Thank you in advance , and Merry Christmas

p.s - logo on the blank , is silver - " Rainshadow - made in usa "

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2008 07:28PM by Walter Lee.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HTF rainshadow blank help - 846 ?
Posted by: Ted Morgan (---.telkom-ipnet.co.za)
Date: December 19, 2008 02:37AM

Do you have a model number? The "real" Rainshadow, as far as I know, is the Batson Rainshadow. Previously, there were a line of blanks made by another company, bearing the same name. I think they made the Rainshadows for Batson to their specs. Those older ones are no longer available, as that company are the ones that went out of business.

Check the Batson catalogue, from their ad link to the left. May not be exactly the same blank, but it probably will be very close, if not the same.

Catalogue lists the RX7 IMB 846 Mag bass, and the RX6 MB 846. The RX7 is the Rainshadow, not sure if the RX6's bear the name also, but they used to be called the Forecasts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2008 02:43AM by Ted Morgan.

Posted by: Karry Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: December 19, 2008 03:48PM

Rainshadow® Mag Bass Rod Blanks Featuring RX7 Graphite
(Power Available: MH = Medium Heavy, H = Heavy, MGH= Mag-Heavy, XH = Extra Heavy) (Color Key: M = Matte Clear)
Model Color Length Sections Line Wt. Lure Wt. Butt Tip Action Power Blank Wt.
IMB783 M 6’6” 1 10-17 lb. ¼-3/4 oz. 0.565 5.5 Fast MH 2.53 oz.
IMB784 M 6’6” 1 12-20 lb. 1/4-1 oz. 0.580 6.0 Fast H 2.50 oz.
IMB785 M 6’6” 1 12-25 lb. 3/8-1 1/2 oz. 0.580 6.5 Fast MGH 2.66 oz.
IMB843 M 7’0” 1 10-17 lb. ¼-3/4 oz. 0.600 5.5 Fast MH 3.06 oz.
IMB844 M 7’0” 1 12-20 lb. 1/4-1 oz. 0.615 6.5 Fast H 2.91 oz.
IMB845 M 7’0” 1 14-25 lb. 3/8-2 oz. 0.620 6.5 Fast MGH 3.08 oz.
IMB846 M 7’0” 1 15-30 lb. 1/2-2 1/2 oz. 0.635 7.5 Fast XH 3.83 oz.
IMB944 M 7’10” 1 12-20 lb. 3/8-1 1/2 oz. 0.685 6.0 Fast H 3.90 oz.

Karry Batson
Batson Enterprises Inc.
Ph: (877) 875-2381
Fax: (360) 683-3579
karry@batsonenterprises.com
www.batsonenterprises.com

Posted by: Walter Lee (---.dsl.irvnca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 19, 2008 05:04PM

Oh yes - i called Batson this morning - Thank you Ted morgan & karry Batson both -

I beleive i have found it

Christmas just got very merry !!! - Thanks again to you both . I should have started here First !

p.s. - batson customer service &product knowledge - 2nd to none !

Posted by: Ted Morgan (---.telkom-ipnet.co.za)
Date: December 20, 2008 08:20AM

Most welcome Walter. Glad to be of help. Figured Karry would jump on right away and put you in the right direction. The 845 matches your specs exactly, 846 is a little more beefy. Liking the RX7 graphite a lot myself recently.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster