I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Century Surf blanks
Posted by: Brad Hetzel (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 05, 2008 08:05AM

Does anyone know who carriers the Century Surf blanks? I was down at the outer banks this week and stopped into Hatteras Jacks and he showed me a couple of the Century Blanks, the C3 and the Kompasite (sp?)

Thanks for all reply's
Brad Hetzel

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Century Surf blanks
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: December 05, 2008 10:53AM

I will assume those are from overseas. But that's only an assumption.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: December 05, 2008 10:54AM

Am I missing something? You just said you saw them at Hatteras Jack's. They are made in the UK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2008 10:55AM by Spencer Phipps.

Posted by: Robert Tignor (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2008 11:35AM

Brad , I think Ryan at Hatteras Jack is also interested in carrying the CTS surf blanks . He saw them a few weeks ago at the Hatteras Anglers Tournament and seemed to be very impressed . They are made in New Zealand and are top of the line plus they are less expensive then the century . Fishsticks 4u does carry CTS and they are on their website , just in case your interested

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: December 05, 2008 11:53AM

Brad may be wanting to find them via a sponsor or see a more complete line up.

Posted by: Donald Becker (---.lava.net)
Date: December 05, 2008 01:34PM

Century, Zziplex and Conoflex are manufactured in the UK.

Century & Zziplex surf rods are often used as tournament casting rods.
Conoflex builds fishing rods & blanks. Although, I do own Conoflex tournament casting rods.

I would rate these three companies as the top companies for building quality long distance fishing rods.

Previously, the strength of the pound caused me to seek other alternatives. With the pound now at about $1.52, the UK rods are more attractive.

I currently have a Lamiglas GSB 180 2MH in its' final stage of testing. It is made in the USA, and should carry the Lamiglas warrenty. At 15', rated 4 to 7 ounces, 30# line, and equal length tip and handle, it provides an excellent value to the fisherman.

Don

Don Becker

Posted by: Brad Hetzel (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 05, 2008 05:27PM

Thanks everyone,

Yes, I was looking here for any sponsors that may be carrying these now. I spoke to Ryan and he does sell them there. I asked him if he had seen the CTS Blanks as it reminded me of the lightweight surf blank that I saw in Highpoint this year at Fishsticks booth.

Thanks again
Brad Hetzel

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster