I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Hijacked
Posted by: Earl Hamilton (---.gw.smartbro.net)
Date: July 27, 2008 10:49PM

Hi Tom, I've been trying to get to the Mudhole site by clicking on the left hand sponsor links list-and I'm being redirected to "ads.rodbuilders.org" selling anything but rods or rod building. I dont know if I am the first, but I'm sure you'ld like to know . Is this some thing from my end ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2008 10:53PM by Earl Hamilton.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hijacked
Posted by: Duane Richards (---.rn.hr.cox.net)
Date: July 27, 2008 10:57PM

Earl it's working fine for me.......

DR

Posted by: Russ Pollack (---.client.stsn.net)
Date: July 27, 2008 11:22PM

Run your virus checker.

Uncle Russ
Calico Creek Rods

Posted by: allen forsdyke (---.colc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: July 28, 2008 04:41AM

yes earl your right it does come up as HTTP//ADS.@#$%&

just let it run thats the scriping for the redirection put mudhole into google and get in that way

Posted by: Henry Engle (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: July 28, 2008 07:19AM

sounds like your browser is being hijacked... Start scanning your macahine. I dont know what the end all be all anti hijack proggy is these days but we used to use this for obscure hijacks.. [www.download.com]

Posted by: Sean Cheaney (---.sip.asm.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 28, 2008 08:03AM

all the sponsors to the left are linked as follows:

[ads.rodbuilding.org];
where bannerID = a number (in mudholes case it is 7)

in easy to understand terms the code redirects you to a site based on that Banner id
let that script run for a minute. IF you get stuck, try another sponsor, it is likely that somehow your browser was set to not process server side code so check your settings.

Posted by: James Hicks (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: July 28, 2008 08:06AM

All the links to the left begin with "[ads.rodbuilders.org"]; followed by their banner number. When you click onto a link your internet browser program will check your machines cache of previously viewed pages and start with that in order to speed up the viewing. If your cache has a bad copy of the page you may be getting stuck there. When you get to the stuck page you can try "View" and "Refresh" or you may simply need to clear your cache; depending on what version of internet browser you're using the utility for clearing the cache is probably found in your browser window, under "Tools".

A "hijacked" page is going to appear as an entry in your computers "hosts" file with the actual page name on one line followed by a tab and then the page that your browser should go to instead. If you added a line to your hosts file with "Tom" followed by "www.rodbuilding.org" then any time you entered "Tom" into the URL block your browser would automatically go to "www.rodbuilding.org". Unless you've personally added entries into your hosts file there should be only one line that is not commented out in your hosts file and that's a default entry for your local machine; business computers may have their own defaults added to their machines.

There may be a way to hijack using the registry files but I'm not familiar with it.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: July 28, 2008 08:43AM

The URL entry for the link is the same as it's always been. If you're having problems it will be on your end somewhere. Everything on this end is fine.

Posted by: Robert Moffat (---.253.205.68.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: July 28, 2008 10:00AM

I just now at 0946 tried it and it worked fine. Must be on your end as stated above, sorry.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: July 28, 2008 10:11AM

It may also be on Mud Hole's end, although if it is, it is only happening sporadically.

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.rb.gh.centurytel.net)
Date: July 28, 2008 02:20PM

I just tried mine I foregot to log in. and was sent ever where I did not wont to go. Then I logged in and every thing was cool
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Earl Hamilton (---.gw.smartbro.net)
Date: July 29, 2008 12:05AM

The problem seemed to have solved itself now. Thanks for the advice guys.

Posted by: Pavel Novolokin (---.pppoe.mtu-net.ru)
Date: July 29, 2008 04:28PM

Earl,

However, I think you'd better check your machine, once such abnormal behavior of browser occured. You can try free utility called SDFix which I myself found to be very useful for such purposes:
[downloads.andymanchesta.com]

Pavel,
Moscow, RU

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster