I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Praise Seeker Rods and Mud Hole Tackle !
Posted by: Joseph Bailleaux (---.gt.res.rr.com)
Date: July 20, 2008 01:34PM

I'm excited about the Seeker JB60XF rod blank I ordered from Mud Hole Tackle ! This rod blank is made out of tuff E-glass , measures .94in. at the butt that has about 1/4in. wall thicknes like a tuna stick but has a soft 6.5 tip that can easily cast plugs and live bait. This is one heavy duty rod blank that is compact
( 6ft ), balanced, and easy to cast one handed. If you are casting plugs to Blue fish and Bonita and a big smoker king or Cobia shows up , you will have power to spare to muscle these bruisers. Seekers JB60XF would handle anything short of giant tuna and marlin , but most importantly it will be a whole lot of fun to fish with .

Thank you Seeker and Mud Hole Tackle .

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Praise Seeker Rods and Mud Hole Tackle !
Posted by: John Martines (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 20, 2008 05:53PM

I to will have to agree that Seeker makes some tuff and usable blanks. I have found that I prefer their E-glass blanks over Lami E-glass. For most boat rods I have built so far the Super Seekers are a great blank! The only problem with Seeker is that they tend to discontinue alot of models and I would like to see them expand on some (surf type).I'm also waiting to see what Harnell comes out with this next year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2008 06:10PM by John Martines.

Posted by: Joseph Bailleaux (---.gt.res.rr.com)
Date: July 21, 2008 01:30AM

John Martines , I have never been disapointed with any of our domestic rod blank manufactures our any of the RodBuilding .org sponsors. We rodbuilders are living in the best of times , there are almost to many rod building componants to choose from. The hard thing for me is that no one company sells every thing I want and need.

John , are the Super Seekers a much lighter blank than their E-glass blanks of the same dimensions ? I did note that the E-glass JB60XF is rated up to 40lb line and the Super Seeker JB60XF is rated up to 25lb line.

Posted by: Jim Upton (---.lsanca.btas.verizon.net)
Date: July 21, 2008 08:19AM

The Super Seekers are made of S glass with a different formula for the resin and are composites in many cases. It's important to include the C in the blank designation such as CJB 60 XF. A Super Seeker blank would be SS CJB 60 XF. The C tells you the blank is a composite. The composits are lighter or have more power in the butt sections.

Posted by: John Martines (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 21, 2008 03:58PM

Joseph, I'm with you on that. I'm saying that Seeker fiberglass rods compared to some others that I toyed with seem lighter and have nice actions to them. As for the Super Seekers for jigging and live bait I love them. they are light, powerful, and sensitive. That being said I haven't tried any from ATC or GUSA and have heard great things about them as well. I have used Lami and an old Fenwick glass models and they are nice but I prefer the SS. There is something about the S-glass tip that you just can't get from an all Graphite blank.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster