I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Friday Follies- revisited
Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: April 04, 2008 11:57PM

So I've been working on a really cool cork handle project with lots of clamping, cutting...more cutting and clamping, and cutting and clamping.....I make sure I leave a clamped product over the refrigerator so the dog dont get at it...tonight I finally have a finished blocked of weird elliptical crosses thats ready for sanding with the hopes of doing something "outside the box". I put the ready to turn block on top of the microwave....and go to teh store for 15 minutes.

The DOG!!!!! ....jumps 3ft from the stools to the breakfast bar..traverses the counter, bypassing potato chips and a chocolate bar in order to grab my block of cork inlays ,over cork inlays, and proceed to chew it to bits....seriouslly... BITS!!!

Question:

What was my reaction?

A) " I learned so much in this clamping project, and your such a cute little puppy...and let it go?"

B) ..I chase the dog around teh house..throwing a soccer ball at her.

C)..I collect all her play toys...and grind them down in a meat grinder.

D) Glare at the "thing" that my wife and son love for some reason.

E) All of the above

NERB that types with a bar of Ivory soap in his mouth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Friday Follies- revisited
Posted by: Dave George (---.qld.bigpond.net.au)
Date: April 05, 2008 02:51AM

Perhaps D. If it were mine I'd shave his arse and paint a target on it and tell it in no uncertain terms that if it happens again that is where I'll plant a size 10.

Back to the clamping board.

Dave.

Avast Ye Matey

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: April 05, 2008 04:36AM

Hey years ago I was putting finish on a rod, it looded great. Then my kids came in to the work area with their dog. It so happened I had our cat in the shop. Here is where the horror story starts. First the cat clips the dogs noes then the dog bits cat. then the fight was on dog and cat are jumping all over the place fur is flying. When it was all over there was cat and dog fur all over my finish. I still have that rod today and it fishes good. Cat and dog hair is still in the finish. When people see it I tell them I was expermenting on a new pattern. Thats how feather inlays evoled. LOL
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Bill Beall (---.always-online.wispnet.net)
Date: April 05, 2008 07:46AM

Next time, IN the microwave. (The cork, not the dog, lol.) Sad tale.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: April 05, 2008 07:47AM

My choice in no uncertain terms;
Shoot the dog.
In my house a dog on the furniture or counter top is a dead dog period!
Wife and daughter will get over it

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: April 05, 2008 07:53AM

Cool it!

Get in the car take a short ride and look for the replacement Bannana! (Golden of Course)

Look for one to you can take one home for the little doggy to play with while you watch and go back to wrappin!

Don't tell Gardner what you take home or you will have another unwanted houseguest!

UNOWHO!!!!

Posted by: Mark Blabaum (---.dsl.mhtc.net)
Date: April 05, 2008 09:17AM

E) All of the above. I have always found that the first of any thing is just the pre-curser for greater work. The dog did you a favor in the long run (that's what I always tell myself when things go bad). It is a great story, I'm sure some day you will be able to look back and laugh at it. Maybe not, but still a great story.

Date: April 05, 2008 09:26AM

Heck every time I weave or do thread work it is a learning experience
Good Weaps Bob

Date: April 05, 2008 09:27AM

E) all the above............unfortunately I now have a plastic hamburger "squeeky" toy completely jammed up in the meat grinder.

Mark, your work inspired me to try all this cutting and clamping.

Posted by: Dr. David Daniels (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: April 05, 2008 09:41AM

Praise the dog, shoot the wife... No special reason, just seemed like a bonus LOL...

Date: April 05, 2008 10:05AM

Just a thought to those dog and cat lovers. Next time you make up a finish. Make a triple batch thine it down. This is the important part, Throughly mix in to your pets favorite treat..Now feed it to them. Once the finish has set up, place your pet near the door use it as a door stop. They well never move or smell. LOL OUCH!!!! My wife just shot me and I am hanging in the cooler
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 05, 2008 10:28AM

The heck with clamping...CONTACT CEMENT. I'd love to see the pics, use the XL Rods addy.

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: April 05, 2008 10:51AM

I definately like E but also am going to side with Steve on this one... animal on anything but the floor equals ousted animal!

Date: April 05, 2008 10:52AM

Originally clampiing,,,changed to contact cement...LOTS of cuts. only pics I could send u Billy would be the squeeky hamburger toy stuck in the meat grinder, or a shot of dog "poop"(I really wanted to chose another word here)....with bits and peices of cork and trim all comingled within it. LOL

NERB that types with a bar of Ivory soap in his mouth.

Posted by: Steve Cox (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: April 05, 2008 12:19PM

Use the Mike Barkley, Randy Putter theory...... marble the dog!!

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: April 05, 2008 01:18PM

Mike, I seem to remember a story in the paper about cats being found frozen the freezer and swore it couldnt be you. But now if the story were to read a dog it may make sense.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: April 05, 2008 05:11PM

I'm with Steve on this one . In no uncertain terms !!

J.B.Hunt
Bowling Green, KY

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.dsl.dynamic.nccray.com)
Date: April 05, 2008 05:34PM

C, but substitute dog for toys?

I'm lucky; neither dog will climb stairs so they stay on the main floor away from my wrapping room upstairs.

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Mick McComesky (---.244.36.52.Dial1.StLouis1.Level3.net)
Date: April 06, 2008 01:50AM

If I hadn't been there myself, this would be tragic. But since I have... Dude, I feel your pain but it is terribly funny. LOL I can relate to the burger in the grinder more than you know!

I'm only ticked at the little skewer candidate because I'd love to see what you did.

Posted by: Donald Newenhouse (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: April 06, 2008 12:32PM

Hey wait a minute--- is this one of thoes trick post where someone replies something like--- should have taken the pooch to the store with you---- and have a chance to win a years subcription to ROD MAKER ??

HUUUMMM !!! Have a great day !!!!!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster