I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

New Product Announcement, FishHawk Threads
Posted by: Robbie Smith (75.117.82.---)
Date: March 01, 2008 08:59PM

FishHawk Threads is pleased to announce a new product to our metallic family of threads. We are offering a gold/black and silver/black metallic twist in "A" size. We have inventory in stock and will be moving forward with production. It will be available to purchase on our website www.fishhawkthreads.com by the end of the week.
We are also considering offering a variegated thread wrap (two tone) in the following nylon color combinations. Red/Black, Green/Black, Orange/Black, and Yellow/Black. They will all be size "A". Please offer any feedback on whether or not this may or may not be a viable product.
Many customers have inquired about ordering indivdual colored spools of thread in various sizes. As a result of these inquiries, FishHawk Threads will soon be offered by limited disribution across the globe.
Many Thanks to all of the feedback at The International Custom Rod Expo. Your feedback makes new products possible!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Product Announcement, FishHawk Threads
Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 01, 2008 09:25PM

Way to go Robbie!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Marc Locke (---.69-92-cpe.cableone.net)
Date: March 01, 2008 10:57PM

Got to have WHITE- Black in the size A nylon twist !!!!

Posted by: Henry Engle (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2008 12:13AM

How about a CAMO varigated 4 color, brown, black, white, green. Something no one has thought of yet. I think in half inch or 1 inch increments this would make things look as if it were wrapped in camo.

Posted by: RON NIX (---.dca.untd.com)
Date: March 02, 2008 12:16AM

Hello,

The varigated thread interest me; (as well as your metallics) especially now that Gudebrod has discontinued their line . I like the varigated thread but don't know if it was a big seller...
Looking forward to trying your thread. I've heard many good things about it.

Ron.

Posted by: Tony Dowson (---.ok.shawcable.net)
Date: March 02, 2008 03:35AM

I really like the Gudebrod Classic Twist colors,especially the black/orange,so a new source for a similar type of thread would definitely be most welcomed.

Posted by: Andrew White (---.ks.ks.cox.net)
Date: March 02, 2008 08:33AM

YES! Please offer something that is similar to the old Gudebrod classic twist: Red/Black, Green/Black, etc. I think you would find many rod builders interested in such a product.

Posted by: fred schoenduby (---.dsl.chic01.pacbell.net)
Date: March 02, 2008 10:52AM

YEAH ROBBIE....You the man....anything and every thing you can possibly offer will be accepted with open arms. I have used FishHawk for many years through Merrick but now have changed directions.... Who else is carrying your line ????

Tight Lines
Tight Wraps
Fishin'Stix by Fred

Posted by: John V. Holohan (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 02, 2008 11:50AM

By all means add an equivalent Classic Twist product line. Just check out @#$%& to gauge demand!

John

Posted by: Derek McMaster (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: March 02, 2008 12:22PM

I for one would like to see some size B and C threads in your product line. Some flat braids for decorative wraps would b nice as well.

Derek L. McMaster
Rohnert Park, CA

Born to Fish, FORCED to Work

Posted by: Curtis Trompler (---.austinareaobgyn.com)
Date: March 04, 2008 10:34AM

Classic Twist was my favorite thread before they discontinued it. There are a fair number of fiberglass and bamboo builders who would be very interested in an alternative. You should advertise it on Clarks Classic Rods and the Fiberglass Flyrodders forum.

Posted by: Alan Tomich (---.hsd1.ut.comcast.net)
Date: March 18, 2008 11:09PM

Add me to the list. I'm going to be running out soon. So bring it on.

Posted by: Charles Clayton (58.172.156.---)
Date: March 30, 2008 10:44PM

Sounds good,I was very disappointed when Gudebrod dropped the variegated thread.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster