I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Split Grips
Posted by: Richard Hahn (199.173.225.---)
Date: January 14, 2008 03:23PM

Where can I get the components for split grips .......... particularly the reel seats like these
[www.tidalfish.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Split Grips
Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 14, 2008 04:17PM

Richard;
Unless people are registered on that site all they will get is the registration page

Posted by: Marty Martin (---.gsp.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 14, 2008 04:34PM

Like Steve says, many of us can't see it. However, if you can describe what you are looking for, I can tell you how I have make them myself; and I'm a novice guy with very little special equipment to work with so I feel sure you can make pretty much whatever you want.

Posted by: Richard Hahn (199.173.226.---)
Date: January 14, 2008 04:53PM

Sorry you can't access it ......... it's a yellow rod that they sold at the Timonium (MD) boat show last weekend ....... essentially it's a rodseat the mounts right to the blank and you are holding the naked blank and reel on the reelseat .......... now that should be sensitive ...........

tried to post a picture on the picture section of this site but it asked me for my login and password which I entered and it told me it was invalid eventhough I'm logged into this forum section ...........

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: January 14, 2008 04:56PM

edit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2008 09:24PM by Bill Stevens.

Posted by: Marty Martin (---.gsp.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 14, 2008 05:00PM

The photo login is a separate animal. I got stumped on that myself a while back until TK cleared me up.

Posted by: Mark Griffin (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: January 14, 2008 05:03PM

If you're not going to ICRBE, take a look at the split grips 2/3 of the way down this page --> [] Those are machined to fit the rear of a Fuji "blank exposed" trigger seat.

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Posted by: Richard Hahn (199.173.224.---)
Date: January 14, 2008 05:12PM

Thanks Mark ......... but these look like there is a front hood with a turn adjustment .............. the exposed blank ........... and a rear hood ....... and that's basically it except for a butt cap

Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.gctel.stellarllc.net)
Date: January 14, 2008 05:43PM

Richard, are you talking about the E21 Carrot? Orange?

Date: January 14, 2008 06:07PM

it is definitely orange .......

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (65.197.242.---)
Date: January 14, 2008 06:41PM

Richard none of this is new, in the 80s Shimano had an entire line or ods built with the reelseat built into a swelled section in the blank. They called them the SpeedMaster, BeastMaster and who knows whatMaster rods in spinning and casting. Cabelas had some also that may have been built by Shimano. Airrus rods brought it back a few years ago.

Posted by: stan mclean (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: January 15, 2008 01:52AM

Do you mean something like this- [www.rodbuilding.org]

If so it is a Fuji ECSM seat cut up, this particular seat has been painted. There are many pictures of these type of reel seats just do a search for split reel seat. Hope that helps.

Posted by: Olaf Karsten (---.versanet.de)
Date: January 15, 2008 06:13AM

[e21fishing.com]

here are the pictures

Date: January 15, 2008 12:07PM

Stan, Olaf ........... yes ...... those are exactly what I'm talking about .......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster