I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Fuji ACS vs ECSM reelseat.
Posted by: Tim Collins (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: December 01, 2007 06:07PM

Since it's been out for awhile, just wondering what people think of the new Fuji ACS reelseat? Is the double "notch" comfortable? Seems like it would allow for better leverage with two fingers in front of the main trigger. Also, it was said they have a bit larger OD, does that affect the standard OD of the rear grip with a tenion ? Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fuji ACS vs ECSM reelseat.
Posted by: Matt Davis (64.118.9.---)
Date: December 01, 2007 08:22PM

They are only slightly larger. 1.108" vs 1.081". ID is the same.

I always fish with two fingers directly in front of the trigger any way. My pinky is the only one behind the trigger.

I haven't fished with one yet but in my playing around, I'm not particularly fond of the feel. I just don't like how my fingers nest in the grooves. I still have to build a rod and fish the with the seat on to give my final decision.

I do like the styling.

Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Posted by: Duane Richards (---.rn.hr.cox.net)
Date: December 01, 2007 08:47PM

The finish on the ACS seat is flat terrible. I have two new ones wrapped in plastic that look like I've had them lying in the back of my truck on a road trip. The seat seems to have a greyish brownish finish on it that rubs off the edges and shows a darker finish under it-new with NO use! I like the design so far, but the finish is surely LACKING. I'm going to take a piece of 1500gr to one and see what I get once I'm done. If that works, it'll be a nice reel seat. If not.....well......they should have done a better job on the exterior finish of the seat, lets hope they correct that.

DR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2007 08:48PM by Duane Richards (DR).

Date: December 02, 2007 09:28AM

Every one of my ACS seats are identical to the ECS seats in finish. Cant tell the difference between the two.

Posted by: Jason Kesckes (---.hrbgpa.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 02, 2007 01:16PM

I like the feel of the reel seat with a bit of modification to the triggers via a dremmel. People with large hands probably would find the stock size uncomfotably small. Alot depends on how you palm your reel.

Jason Kesckes. Aint no fish'n like bass fish'n

Date: December 02, 2007 01:34PM

Matt,

Maybe I have a couple that had a hard shipping life? I hope thats the case because I like the design. I have 2 more on the way, we'll see what they look like.

DR

Posted by: Pierre Lavignotte (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: December 02, 2007 07:44PM

Hi all,

Is there any weight difference between ACS and ECS ?
I do like the ACS design too.

Pierre

Posted by: Matt Davis (---.prtel.com)
Date: December 03, 2007 08:12AM

I can weigh one of each when I get home from work...if someone doesn't beat me to it.

I suspect it to be close.

Date: December 03, 2007 03:49PM

Since there seems to be a little doubt in what my Fuji ACS's looks like, here's 3 pic's taken of two different seats, sorry it took me so long to post them, hope these clear the air.

[www.rodbuilding.org]

[www.rodbuilding.org]

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 03, 2007 04:06PM

They look pretty grungy to me. I think that I would contact the cendor about returning them

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Date: December 04, 2007 06:35PM

ACS 12.0 - 0.98 ounces

ECS 12.0 - 0.90 ounces

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster