I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

sage blank does come wrapped form the factory
Posted by: jason henderson (12.111.55.---)
Date: October 10, 2007 07:25PM

Let me first say that this doen't go for most sage products, however, I received the blank from the dealer that I had posted about earlier on this board and got the over whelming responce that sage blanks do not come with their ferrels wrapped. Today when I received the blank, both ferrels are wrapped from the factory and coated with finish. The package was completely sealed and the blank in perfect condition but just like another person had told me they are prewrapped at the ferrels.

that said if I chose to remove the thread for another color, would I void the warranty?????

jj

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sage blank does come wrapped form the factory
Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: October 10, 2007 08:40PM

Give Sage a call and find out. Don't talk to the feet while the head is around.

Posted by: Tony Dowson (---.ok.shawcable.net)
Date: October 11, 2007 01:06AM

Very strange as none of the Sage blanks I have ever seen were pre wrapped in any way,just the white dots put on them to help you align the rod on it's straightest axis.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: October 11, 2007 01:42AM

I've had the same resultsas Tony, I have two Sage blanks here now and neither are wrapped.

Re: sage blank does come wrapped from the factory
Posted by: eric zamora (---.dsl.frs2ca.pacbell.net)
Date: October 11, 2007 02:46AM

the sage blank you received is not a fly blank, right? i have dealt with only one sage blank, sitting in my closet, an XP 4pc and none of the fly blank's ferrules are wrapped. maybe sage has a different policy for non-fly blanks. as ellis so eloquently put it, someone should ask the head... chuckling.

eric
fresno, ca.

Posted by: jason henderson (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 11, 2007 07:05AM

The blank is a GII-1136-3LLB 13' 6" 3 pc float blank, The guy that I heard this from before I received mine got the same thing when he received his. That is where the question came from, I was told and it didn't sound right so I asked the question. The dealer I received the blank from, and the other builder that told me what I would get have no connection at all. This rod just comes pre wrapped at the ferrels, for whatever reason! I know that most sages do not, I do not question that, just stating the fact that this blank does!!!

jason henderson

Posted by: billy brodrick (208.66.198.---)
Date: October 11, 2007 08:37AM

If I remember ritght it was talked about here recently you may want to do a search. If I remember right first off if you choose to remove and rewrap it will not void any warrenties. Also if i remember right you have a blank that is older as sage has not done this in a few years. like i said do a search as i know it was talked about here as there is another company that prewraps the ferrul or use too.

Posted by: jason henderson (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 11, 2007 10:20AM

I think that may have been my original post asking the question. Alot of guys said that sage doesn't do this. They did for at least this model. Also I have emailed sage with regards ot this, I will post on my results

jj

Posted by: Matt Davis (---.prtel.com)
Date: October 11, 2007 01:19PM

I just received a Sage GSP 470-3. Both ferrules are wrapped.

Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: October 11, 2007 01:37PM

Just checked the Sages I have left, neither is wrapped, but the ferrrules and their reinforcements are easily distinguished and could be mistaken as thread wrapped. I have the GSH490 and the CT290F.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster