I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Best place to buy blanks online? Value? Quality? Speed of Delivery?
Posted by: John Straus (204.136.26.---)
Date: July 19, 2007 01:21PM

Does anyone have an opinion about the best place to buy blanks online, shipping costs vary and so do prices. I would also like to be able to buy a few blanks for a discount if anyone knows where I can do that. Thanks so much.

Johnny

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best place to buy blanks online? Value? Quality? Speed of Delivery?
Posted by: russell cook (---.austin.res.rr.com)
Date: July 19, 2007 01:29PM

Try @#$%&. Their shipping is as low as it comes. Fair prices on blanks too.

Posted by: Jeffrey Wolfanger (---.enbridge-us.com)
Date: July 19, 2007 01:30PM

I dont know of a best place....I think there are probley a bunch of good ones....I buy a lot of Loomis locally to avoid shipping charges....But when I need a Batson I go to custom tackle and need a croix I go to Mudhole. There both great to deal with....

Posted by: jon edwards (---.sip.bct.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 19, 2007 01:35PM

look to the left side of the page and pick one....they are all great!

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: July 19, 2007 01:41PM

All on the left are good. I don
think that you will find little difference in pricing though. I use primarily Mudhole and Fishsticks4U. Both have GREAT service, as do most. I wouldn't plan on finding much in the way of discounts unless you are buying a LOT of blanks. Most component suppliers are operating on pretty slim profit margins as it is.

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Joshua Turner (---.chvlva.adelphia.net)
Date: July 19, 2007 02:15PM

I deal wiht Fishstiks alot - i started with them b/c they were pretty local and stick with them b/c they've done good for me. but I don't believe tey carry sage blanks, so If I need a sage, I'd have to go somewhere else.

really, you are just gonna have to look around and see for yourself. everybody's got sales and discount from time to time. there is no one best place IMO

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: July 19, 2007 04:14PM

There is a Best place for everybody - sometimes you find it quickly and other times it may take a while. Decide how many, brand, model, price range and level of needed support. The ones listed on this board are the place to start. About five years from now I would be surprised to know if your Best List included only one name.

Posted by: Jeff Friend (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 19, 2007 04:50PM

Mr. Bill, that was the perfect answer.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: July 19, 2007 06:36PM

John,
Just about all our sponsors have blanks at a discount one time of another, rod series are discontinued, blank colors are changed, etc. It depends on what your looking for and what brands you like if you have a preference, and where you live, which can make a difference in shipping costs.
It's hard to help without some info.

Posted by: Sam Stoner (---.dhcp.gnvl.sc.charter.com)
Date: July 19, 2007 09:54PM

What Mike said. There's a whole list of excellent suppliers listed in the left margin. I've dealt with a good many of them at one time or another and can't remember a bad experience with any of them. We have a bunch of top notch sponsors and I think all of them do their level best to please their customers. I think many people (like me) would be hard pressed to pick a single favorite. You won't go wrong with any of them.

Posted by: Dave Hauser (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: July 20, 2007 12:53AM

I've gone blanks thru @#$%&, doanart, netcraft, and mudhole. All have good specials and the shipping was fast. And frankly I haven't tried blanks thru others, so it is quite possible they are all great.
Of course the closer to home you pick, the more likely it arrives faster and cheaper to ship.

Posted by: William Rice (---.ga.at.cox.net)
Date: July 20, 2007 11:02PM

You might find an advantage in finding a supplier that is close to where you live. Even better if it's in another state(darn tax)
Mudhole often gets stuff to me overnight, but I'm only two hours away.
I've been extremely happy with their customer service every single time.

Posted by: Duane Richards (---.rn.hr.cox.net)
Date: July 21, 2007 12:07PM

Fishsticks4U on the left, good people, treat you fair and always communicate well.

DR

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster