I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Head Count!! How many of you have not tried Forecast Components?
Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: June 22, 2007 01:38AM

Craig Sawtelle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Karry, Would like to respond, but your e-mail is
> hidden.

karry@batsonenterprises.com

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Robert Heaton (---.bri.connect.net.au)
Date: June 22, 2007 02:15AM

Karry
Yes guilty - I'm one of those who have used blanks but not components.
Why do you ask?
Robert
Australia

Posted by: Charles Clayton (---.nsw.bigpond.net.au)
Date: June 22, 2007 04:07AM

Not a lot of distribution downunder, I ‘m aware BD sell complete rods but don’t push the blanks or components much.
Charlie

Posted by: James Hicks (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: June 22, 2007 07:40AM

I checked out your downloadable catalog. For a newbie like myself it's nice to see somebody put in text that explains the components instead of just the usual marketing hype. Your catalog is detailed enough to be quite educational. Thank you for that extra detail. The selection is great and the pricing appears to be very good too. And pretty pictures! I'll have to give youz guyz my next rod order :)

Posted by: Fred Halfheimers (---.milwpc.com)
Date: June 22, 2007 08:02AM

No.

Posted by: Jeff Graves (---.mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca)
Date: June 22, 2007 09:06AM

I'm not a huge builder and havn't used many/any of your products. This is because I am not aware of anyone here in Atlantic Canada that carrys them. Around these parts Fuji and Struble are pretty much the standards. If there is someone in this neck of the woods who has your products I'd be more than willing to try them out.

Cheers,

Jeff
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: June 22, 2007 09:27AM

For whatever it might be worth, Batson Enterprises attends the International Custom Rod Building Exposition each year and brings a huge display of their products. I would suspect that most if not all of their various products on are hand there. Anything you want to see, feel or "waggle" is there. They've already bought several booths for the 2008 event. This is an excellent opportunity to view anything you want in person. You can also personally meet Bill and Karry there at the same time and ask them any questions you have regarding their product line.

Posted by: Karry Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: June 22, 2007 10:29AM

Be on the look out Mark I'm going to have a new mega distributer in your country. I will shhot you a PM... Thank you for your intrest.

Date: June 22, 2007 10:41AM

Hi Robert,
Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to make sure we are making our product easily available to all. I know in your country it is not that easy to get your hands on Forecast components but very soon I will have a new mega distributer in your country so be on the look out. Best Regards,Karry Batson

Date: June 22, 2007 10:43AM

Charles comming to a theater near you in just a few weeks so be on the look out.

Date: June 22, 2007 10:45AM

Hi James,
Thanks for the kind words we put our hart and sole into that catalog and like you we are rod builders so information about the product is very important to beginers as well as experts. Tight Threads!

Date: June 22, 2007 10:49AM

HI Jeff,
Shoot me an email and let me know who you curently buy your rod building componenst from so I can help you with that. karry@batsonenterprises.com

I have several distributers in both BC and Ontario area. TTYL

Date: June 22, 2007 11:01AM

Greg shoot us an email and request a catalog or contact one of my stocking distributers and request one they all should have a hefty stack of them.

Posted by: Bob Thurman (---.embarqservices.net)
Date: June 22, 2007 02:05PM

Not yet, but I certainly will if you offer titanium frame guides.

Posted by: Earl Hamilton (125.60.243.---)
Date: June 22, 2007 02:40PM

Not tried them yet Kerry, but soon some should arrive here in the Philippines-I recently ordered some from Acid Rod, reel seats, guides for my Jigging and popping rod projects. I'm looking forward to seeing them. Would any one in Singapore take on distributorship, that seems to be the Asian center for rod building, and alot easier for us to get to from Manila ?
Earl Hamilton.

Date: June 22, 2007 03:39PM

Hi Earl,
I do have a few request from Singapore but nothing I can trust a distributer ship with. If you have an idea on who may be intrested pleased drop me an email at karry@batsonenterprises.com.

BTW I have a ggod freind moving to the philippines and I'm sure he would love to chat with you he has been building rods for 20 years and decided to move there and relax and maybe start a rod busniess. I look forward to your email. Best Regards, Karry Batson

Posted by: John Sams (---.listmail.net)
Date: June 22, 2007 04:17PM

Man I'm glad that this board doesn't pop topics back to the top everytime somebody replies!!!!!!! We'd never get this one out of the way and it would push all the rod building stuff right off the page!!!!

Date: June 22, 2007 04:29PM

Hi John,
The thing is most of these guys are asking me rod building question via my email so they dont hitch hike the topic and gives me time to answer them. Just so you know I have responded to over 20 diffrent folks that had rod building related questions about our products so its a good one let me tell you. Shoot me a question if you have one while you have my attention. In about three hours I will be catching some Sturgeon on the Columbia and I wont be back until Wedbesday, Darn. Thight Lines! Thanks Tom for having such a great web site...

Posted by: Robert Heaton (---.bri.connect.net.au)
Date: June 22, 2007 05:37PM

Karry
When do you hope to have your Mega Distributor in Australia?
Will we get a heads up?
Robert

Date: June 22, 2007 06:00PM

I just spoke with him and he led be to believe that he spoke with Tom about becoming a sponser to the left so if thats true you will know. Have a great weekend:) Just a few hours to go and its fish on time!!

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster