I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

ims or imc 781
Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: April 28, 2007 11:30AM

Good morning fella's
I would like to know if any of you have experience with Lamiglas's IMC or IMS781. It has the specs of a blank that a person would like for me to build but I have never had any dealings with the Lamiglas stuff. They are wanting it as a spinning rod that will do light stuff up to hula grubs on 10-12lb test and also Senko's. If you have any other suggestions I am open to them as well. I know that this is a HUGE range for one rod to handle. The current rod that they are fishing with is a Bionic Blade and he is looking to step up. Price is not of concern, I am just looking to get something that will fit the job (if possible) nicely.

Thanks and have a good one.

Tom Kaufmann
GySgt USMC

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ims or imc 781
Posted by: Stan Grace (---.hln-mt.client.bresnan.net)
Date: April 28, 2007 12:11PM

I have found it to make a great light spinning rod in the IMS. The IMC appears to be configured slightly different in butt diameter as well as price.

Stan Grace
Helena, MT
"Our best is none too good"

Date: April 28, 2007 12:40PM

Stan,
Do you think that it is too light for what I am looking to do with it?

Tom

Posted by: RON NIX (---.sttl.mdsg-pacwest.com)
Date: April 28, 2007 01:00PM

TOM:

LAMIGLAS IM-700 GRAPHITE IS NICE STUFF, ONE OF THEIR PROPRIETARY GRAPHITES. SHOULD MAKE A NICE, FAST ROD. I NOTICED THE SAME DIFFERENCE AS STAN IN THE CONFIGURATION: BIGGER BUTT, SLIGHTLY FASTER TAPER, BUT, SAME WEIGHT. COULD THIS BE FROM A THINNER WALL DIAMETER? PURPOSE? I DON'T KNOW... ONE WOULD GUESS THE LARGER DIAMETER WOULD MAKE THE BLANK A LITTLE STIFFER IN THE BUTT SECTION, AS WELL AS SLIGHTLY FASTER IN THE ACTION... PERHAPS ONE OF THE "OLD PRO'S" HERE MIGHT KNOW...

RON.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (65.197.242.---)
Date: April 28, 2007 01:14PM

Thomas,
Both are nice blanks with lots of backbone and light tips, the IMC has a little more backbone and is a little faster actioned. Have caught spring chinook on 10 lb line and a 25 lb summer run on 12 lb line with these blanks as incidental catch pulling spinner/worm rigs for walleye and the amount of backbone in the blank was not a concern, they're beefy.
If you've used the St Croix 68MXF or Rainshadow 822.5, the Lamis bass tapers are into the power and more progressively than these and have more backbone, for sure more in the IMC.

Date: April 28, 2007 01:24PM

Ron
thanks for the info. Spencer, I am very familiar with the 68mxf, I have a couple of them and love them! This is the type of info that I was after. I think that will definately be the route that I will take.

Thanks again for all of the help guys.

Tom

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: April 28, 2007 04:05PM

The faster action model will be able to handle a bit wider range of lure weights, it that's important to your customer.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (65.197.242.---)
Date: April 28, 2007 04:59PM

I agree the 68MXF would throw lighter stuff better I think, the Lamiglas is much more like the mag bass tapers we are accustomed to. I'm kind of fond of the spinning version as it's always reminded me of if you could take one of the very popular salmon/steelhead blanks like the Rainshadow or Loomis 1025 and condense it down to a 6 ft 6 in model from tip to butt they would be very similar.

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: April 29, 2007 10:53AM

The Lamiglas blanks are built for the use recommended and are usually right on. The IMC casting blanks are quite sturdy, fast actioned and just right for a bass fisherman who wants quality and toughness. The IMCs are a little slimmer in the butt section than the typical mag bass taper and have real good power. If you want a slimmer and lighter version take a look at the LMB in the same power ratings. While you are ordering don't miss the opportunity to get one of the new 926F flipping sticks to try out.

Date: April 30, 2007 07:45PM

I am just going to order one of each since they both seem very interesting to me and will let the cust. decide which he likes more.
thank you all again very much for your help on this one.
Bill, I have been looking at the website trying to find the 926F but haven't found it, could you shoot me the link or the specs??

thanks,

Tom Kaufmann
GySgt USMC

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster