I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Hotels for 2008 ICRBE
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: April 12, 2007 11:24AM

Early next week I'll be signing the contracts for the hotel rates for the 2008 International Custom Rod Building Exposition. The Radisson will again be the host hotel. They have promised to do a particularly good job on all accounts next year. I have every reason to expect that they will. They have lowered their room rates a bit, to $79 per night from $85 a night. We will book 250 rooms and expect that they'll fill early. You can begin reserving rooms as early as the middle of next week.

We're also adding two other hotels. One will be the J.H.Adams Inn just about a mile up the road. This is luxury hotel, probably the very finest in the area. Rooms will be limited but a special rate will be set for those coming in for the show. I'll have more information on this as of next week.

I plan to also negotiate for at least one other hotel to offer us a special rate for those who would like a third option at less than regular rates. I should know more next week.

Last year we sold just over 600 rooms all told and thus the reason I'd like to get more hotels on board with special rates for the event. I realize that only about a third to maybe half of the folks who attend the event buy hotel space, but we're doing all we can for those who do travel in to attend the show both days.

The dates for the 2008 ICRBE will be February 23 and 24. I presently have verbal commitments from 46 manufacturers and distributors, which is an increase over last year. Contracts will be mailed the middle of May and I'll begin adding them to the website as the contracts are returned.

All indications are that we'll again have an even larger and better event in 2008. A good deal of work has already been done planning for next year and things will be in full swing within another 30 to 45 days.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hotels for 2008 ICRBE
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: April 12, 2007 12:36PM

Awesome!!! Let us know as soon as we can book at the Radisson

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Randy Search (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 12, 2007 01:44PM

Mike,
If you book this early they'll probably give you the deposit, LOL. MAYBE I'll be able to go next year (fingers crossed)...Randy.

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: April 12, 2007 07:34PM

Mike,If I were you I would send my luggage around late July early August to make sure it arrives the same time you do.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: April 13, 2007 01:25AM

Fred,

Good Idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Fernando Torres (65.215.94.---)
Date: April 13, 2007 02:56AM

From all the past reviews sounds like something one should experience even if it's only once, I will be buttering up the wifey and
will really try and attend the 2008 show. I know it's too early, but i'll see if anyone from the NY area will be attending. I know Billy V attends,
maybe a group of NERB's can go together? just a thought

Fernando

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: April 13, 2007 08:41AM

I think a group of NERBS already attends - they have a booth at the event each year.

Posted by: Russ Pollack (64.241.28.---)
Date: April 17, 2007 10:56PM

Count us in. Tom, please send me our paperwork, and let us know when we can book the hotel. I'll give them one more chance.

Uncle Russ
Calico Creek Rods

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster