I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Need a Merrick Tackle reseller.!!!
Posted by: Walter Schmidt (---.doh.state.fl.us)
Date: January 11, 2007 10:28AM

I'm looking for a re-seller who can order me some Merrick specific items ie, colored EVA/Hypalon grip material. Merrick supplied me with one, but it's hard to believe they only have one reseller!! Apparantly the one I've been ordering from is no longer in business!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need a Merrick Tackle reseller.!!!
Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.sw.res.rr.com)
Date: January 11, 2007 10:34AM

Why not pick up the phone and call Merrick and ask them who is ther closest dealer to you ? It won't take but a minute.

Date: January 11, 2007 10:37AM

I did call Merrick and they kept pushing 1 reseller, thought I'd give all the sponsors here a try!

Posted by: Mark Griffin (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: January 11, 2007 10:44AM

Walter,

What EXACTLY do you need? A lot of us have EVA in various colors & sizes but w/o knowing what you're after, can't be much help. I've got several diameters in 24 colors that aren't on my site yet.

Also, Merrick is well aware of the situation you mentioned and new info came to light on that front yesterday. Try calling Scott at 800-628-8904 again and explain where you're at. you very well could get some different info.

If nothing else, I'll order it for you if you can't get anywhere.

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Date: January 11, 2007 11:03AM

I am looking for Hypalon/Eva in Hunter Green, (that is the color the customer insists on) 24" length 5/8 " hole diameter, the one vendor quoted $9.95 per, I need four of them. Just thought the price was 50% higher than i was paying for the same material before at $6.95.

Posted by: Mark Griffin (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: January 11, 2007 11:10AM

Walter,

Tried to mail you but your email address is hidden. If you can make 18" work " (assuming there's going to be a seat in the middle anyway) I've got 5/8" ID hunter green at $2.00 a stick on a closeout that I bought. Here's a link to the dimensions, etc... --> []

If not and you can't get anywhere with another Merrick dealer I can call Scott about drop-shipping it to you.

Here's edit #2... If the $12 price difference ($6.95 VS $9.95) is holding you up on the job, I'd probably just pay it and move on. You're liable to spend $15 in TUMS trying to get around it. I know "it's the point" of the whole thing that's hard to swallow, but some times it better just to suck it up and move on. Don't forget to put a value on YOUR time.

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2007 12:01PM by Mark Griffin.

Posted by: Scott Greenberg (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 11, 2007 12:12PM

Just for the record-- Merrick Tackle is not affiliated in any way with
ACK Fishing. Pete, like many others was just one of our customers.

You can get our products from many other dealers. Timewise it makes
sense to mention just one on the phone, but any of our customers
such as C & M Custom, Donart, or those listed on our website-- just to mention
a few can help.
We welcome new dealers, so if the company you
buy from isn't one of our current customers why not suggest that they contact
us (800-628-8904), set up an account and get the merchandise for you? We have no minimum order requirements. When we recommend someone, we
usually try to pick a company that either has what you need, is nearby or
can get your item quickly.

Posted by: Ron Schneider (---.mthmcmta01.mthoar.lr.dh.suddenlink)
Date: January 11, 2007 01:20PM

Schneider's Rod Shop is now a Merrick Dealer.
Give us a call Toll-Free 1-888-946-2427

Best wishes,
Ron Schneider
Schneider's Rod Shop
Mountain Home, Arkansas
[www.schneidersrods.com]
mtnron40@yahoo.com
870-424-3381

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster