I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Acrylic ?
Posted by: Mark Syck (---.mgm.bellsouth.net)
Date: September 07, 2006 04:25PM

Can y'all tell me where to get the acrylic material to make reel seats?

Mark Syck

SYCKO Custom Rods
There Are No Limits To The Imagination

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Acrylic ?
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: September 07, 2006 04:46PM

I use the 7/8" blanks from Craft Supplies USA [www.woodturnerscatalog.com] biggest that I have ever found. If anyone knows where do find bigger, I'd sure like to know where. Here's my first 3 [www.rodbuilding.org]

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Paul Kneller (---.nsw.bigpond.net.au)
Date: September 07, 2006 05:01PM

Give these guys a try www.texasknife.com they have acryilic etc. in cylinders up to 1 1/2" diameter. Paul

Posted by: Steven Libby (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: September 07, 2006 05:34PM

wow..what an awesome site.resource.....they also seem to have stabilized wood blanks in workable sizes ...and all sorts of new toys...thanks paul!

Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.sw.res.rr.com)
Date: September 07, 2006 05:49PM

Try www.woodchipshome.com. They have acrylic or acrylic like material that's 1" diameter and already rounded. Click on pen supplies and then on pen blanks. They have an alternative ivory and alternative jade that looks great.

Date: September 07, 2006 08:35PM

Thanks, Lance!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: steve parks (---.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: September 08, 2006 12:57PM

I've gotten mine from Arizona Silhouette. They're only 3/4 inche square. I've turned size 16 and 17 seats with them.

Date: September 08, 2006 01:35PM

John Timberlake has been making some gorgeous ones with smaller dia blanks by casting them in casting resin and then turning them to size. [www.rodbuilding.org]
[www.rodbuilding.org]
The directions were in an article by Joe Emig in an issue of Rodmaker Accrding to John, on the finished seat, you can't tell that it is encased in resin. I will be trying it as soon as my mold and resin get here

Mike (Southgate, MI)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2006 01:36PM by Mike Barkley.

Posted by: John Scarborough (---.88.167.126.Dial1.StLouis1.Level3.net)
Date: September 10, 2006 08:48PM

A little late in my reply. But I think Chad told me they had some stock larger than 3/4 inch.

Chad Moses

Atlas Billiards

www.cuestik.com

1.800.283.7845 ex.1414

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster