I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

North Carolina Rod Builders Gathering
Posted by: Anonymous User (12.145.80.---)
Date: April 20, 2006 09:01AM

I have chosen Saturday, May 20th as the date for our gathering. I hope that works for everyone.

I have not had a great response yet.

I need folks willing to demo and folks to attend!

We will start around 10:00 am with coffee and rolls and have lunch around 1:00.

Give me a call at 1-800-822-1750 or 1-336-339-1423 for directions. It is easy to find from I-85/I40 or from highway 29 north.

I have all the tools to do any kind of demo. Rod lathe, wood lathe, etc. so come on and commit.

Larry Tysinger

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: North Carolina Rod Builders Gathering
Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: April 20, 2006 09:52AM

Larry:
I would love to attend, but have a tournament that day

Posted by: Michael Friddle (166.82.135.---)
Date: April 20, 2006 12:51PM

That day sounds good to me Larry. I would love to come by and see your shop. I started to call you the other day about turning a handle for me, but I made due with a drill and a piece of threaded rod.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: April 20, 2006 01:56PM

Make sure everyoen shows up wearing a BIG JJ REDDICK #1 Tee shirt, and Larry will personally thank you. lol.

Good luck, I hope you get enough guys together to have a fun time.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: April 20, 2006 02:20PM

Hey Larry:
How late will this last.
My tournament should be over by 4.
An hour to get back to the house and drop off boat.
About 1:45 to get to Greensboro (depending were your at).
Could realistically be there by 7:00. unless your planning on shutting it down close to or earlier than that time.

Posted by: Hank Turner (---.nyc.untd.com)
Date: April 20, 2006 06:45PM

Larry will you be doing any butt wraping, I and my girl friend would love to attend a butt wrapping design class. thanks, Hank

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: April 20, 2006 07:28PM

I'll be there. Anything you want to know along those lines I can show you.

I'm sure that like any such informal gathering, all you'd have to do is ask and somebody will show you what you want to know.

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 20, 2006 07:55PM

Larry, I truly hope you get a great turn out.

These informal gatherings are so much better than formal classes and seminars in my opinion. Just get a bunch of builders with various experience levels in one spot, at one time , and everyone learns.

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 20, 2006 09:48PM

I sur wish I lived closer, I'd love to get in on some of these!! WV to Greensburg = 9 hour drive.

Bill in WV

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: April 20, 2006 09:54PM

Bill, There must be enough builders within a reasonable distance to get a half dozen or so together. I'm leaving in the morning for Chicago for a get together at Al Ciner's place. Can't wait.

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 20, 2006 10:43PM

Mike,

I live about 40 min south of arguably one of todays top custom rod ARTIST's, Mark Crouse. I just haven't gotten the chance to hook up with him yet.

Bill in WV

Posted by: john timberlake (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: April 22, 2006 12:27PM

how late will it last. that is the day we are having my daughter's birthday party. i would love to attend,but i dont know how i will work out the time. i will have to work on my wife( a job unto itself). where are you located?

Posted by: Clyde Thomas (---.bltmmd.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 22, 2006 04:16PM

Sure wish your gathering was a bit closer to Maryland.. I'd love to find a similar get together somewhere in the vicinity of the Chesapeake Bay.

Clyde Thomas

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster