I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Best way to punch a hole in EVA ring.
Posted by: Tim Collins (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: February 02, 2006 05:16PM

I want to punch a 1/4" hole thru the center of a 1/2" thick EVA ring. I have a piece of radio antenna that is 1/4" in diameter and I've countersunk and sharpened the inside edge. Can I set this up in my drill press and use it like an arbor press or should I take and rap it sharply with a hammer to punch the hole faster? Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best way to punch a hole in EVA ring.
Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: February 02, 2006 05:18PM

Just cut an approximate hole in teh EVA with an exacto. No need for perfection with EVA trim rings.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 02, 2006 05:19PM

Once you get much more than a couple or three mm thick, you're better off running a sharpened piece of tubing in a drill. It'll spin through like butter.

Posted by: Galen Briese (134.129.79.---)
Date: February 02, 2006 05:25PM

Tim, A regular hole punch is made in many sizes that is struck with a hammer, I bought a complete set at harbor freight for less than 6.00. I would imaging that other tool companies would also handle them too. For instance, home depot, lowes, sears, etc. I think that the largest hole is 1/2" I also have a plug cutting set that is used for wood and used with an electric drill or press . I would imagine that a person could do a google search and find all sorts of them. Granted I am not endorsing any company or tool outlet.

Posted by: Tim Collins (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: February 02, 2006 05:33PM

Thanks Tom, that worked perfect! I was even able to remove the plug from my "tube" and can use it to plug the hole when I'm done. Thanks again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster