I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Sanford area gathering.
Posted by: Michael Friddle (166.82.135.---)
Date: January 18, 2006 07:16AM

Tom what ever happened to the Sanford area gathering?
I am not going to be able to make the Charlette show due to my wife is due with our first child Feb. 27. I tried to tell her how important it was for me to go but she for some reason felt that I should stay hom LOL.
So I was hoping to find some other gatherings to learn more on rod building.
I am struggling with a few things.
Thanks for your help!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sanford area gathering.
Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: January 18, 2006 07:41AM

Michael:
Were do you live? I am from Pinehurst

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nj-01.cvx.algx.net)
Date: January 18, 2006 08:08AM

Michael
Check out this link. Maybe you can find a builder close to you for some one on one.
[www.tackleworks.org]

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 18, 2006 08:55AM

I'm not sure I ever heard about a Sanford gathering. But the trouble with trying to have any such gatehring here in NC is that with the National Rod Builders Show in Charlotte, most just wait and go to that. You will never have any type of gathering that has that sort of drawing power or so much to see and do, so it's just hard to get people to do much else in the meantime.

We did have a get together in Ramsuer a couple years back and have talked about a local club near Greensboro to meet once a month. I suppose it could be done - somebody would just have to take the initiative and get things rolling.

Posted by: allen forsdyke (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: January 18, 2006 11:13AM

LOL women can be so demanding sometimes its different when they want to go shopping isnt it!!!!

Only joking I wouldnt be without mine and when your first comes along you will enjoy it m8.. theres always next year

Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: January 18, 2006 07:30PM

Mike Friddle - In my opinion, the greatest promotion that God can give a Husband is for him to become a Father. ... Mike, ... Make sure you are there when your wife is ready to hold your "Inauguration Ceremony!" ... She will really appreciate your support during the scariest day of her life. ... Forget the "Tight Wraps" and "Tight Lines" for a while, and "Cling Tightly" to your wife and child. There will be a lot more lasting glory & joy with them than with any thing any fish can offer us. ... Best Wishes to you and yours, Mike. Please be sure to let us know when your good news is safely cradled in your everlasting arms, "Dad!". ... Cliff Hall+++

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.brick101.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 18, 2006 10:13PM

Mike,did you stop to think that if the Rod building show is the same weekend every year (which it has been I think) than you will never be able to attend due to your childs birthday being that weekend.Hope that isnt the case.Best of luck to you and Mom.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Michael Friddle (166.82.135.---)
Date: January 19, 2006 07:01AM

Fred Yarmolowicz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mike,did you stop to think that if the Rod
> building show is the same weekend every year
> (which it has been I think) than you will never be
> able to attend due to your childs birthday being
> that weekend.Hope that isnt the case.Best of luck
> to you and Mom.
>
> Freddwhy(Rapt-Ryte)
OH MY GOD!!!!.....That never crossed my mine.

Tom I thought I read that somewhere but guess I was wrong. I think it read that it was trying to organize around Lake Jordan.

Steve Gardner I'm in Summerfield.

Guys just so you know I was just joking about Going to the show and leaving the wife.
I WOULDN'T MISS THIS FOR ANYTHING!!.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 27, 2006 08:28PM

I think Frank Park was going to do something near Lake Norman, but the interest wasn't there, so far anyway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster