I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Question for Tom and the Board on EVA Grips
Posted by: Rich Matranga (---.dsl.scrm01.pacbell.net)
Date: December 03, 2005 05:35AM

Tom, I was looking at the photo you posted on April 4, 2005 of EVA grips. Is there instructions I could get on how to produce EVA grips of this class? There's got to be a few tricks on making such clean cuts and bonding the various shapes together. I'd just love to learn how to make grips like the ones in your photo.

Thank you very much!

Rich Matranga
Folsom, California

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question for Tom and the Board on EVA Grips
Posted by: Donald Newenhouse (---.235.144.230.Dial1.Orlando1.Level3.net)
Date: December 03, 2005 08:21AM

Hi Rich-- If you want to know how to make custom eva grips just go to the sponsor list to left side of the page and scroll down to Rod Maker Magizine and order a back issue of Vol.7 Issue#6.
There is a full artical on creating eva grips by Tom Kirkman . Great artical,It will tell you how to cut eva,how to glue and shape eva and it also has some tips and tricks. Some great stuff on what can be done with eva grips.Hope this is of some help with you question.

Good Luck <<<<<DON>>>>>

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: December 03, 2005 08:58AM

Yes, there are instructions for doing exactly what you ask - in RodMaker Magazine Volume 7 #3.

Which brings up a conversation I had with someone just yesterday - as helpful as the internet is, the internet and these related forums do not create information. They only recycle information that has been created elsewhere. This is the great internet myth - that you can get the same information from the internet that you can from books, magazines, publications, etc. You can't - you can only get after the fact, generalized recycled information that saw the light of day elsewhere. Very little in the way of anything has ever been created or seen the first light of day on the internet or world wide web. it is not a medium for the creation of information, but simply for the dispensing of information created elsewhere, and usually in much more condensed form.

Not to put off your question, just to point out that most anything you'd ever want to do with regards to rod building can be found in RodMaker or one of the good rod building books done over the years. Of course you can pick up tidbits of the same information, trickled down, on the internet forums, but for specific techniques the publications beat the internet handily.

Posted by: Dave Gilberg (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 03, 2005 03:19PM

Just to clarify.... The issue of RodMaker covering EVA Grips is Volume 7 Issue#3.

Posted by: Rich Matranga (---.dsl.scrm01.pacbell.net)
Date: December 03, 2005 03:35PM

Thanks guys. I figured there would be printed information on this subject. I've already ordered the back issue (vol. 7 issue 3). Thanks again for the quick responses.

Rich

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 03, 2005 11:32PM

RIch - in addition to that magazine, you might wanna try the Search feature.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster