I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

A Step Back In Time
Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: June 05, 2005 09:50AM

Yesterday while fishing at Texas City I found a Lew's Stick rod, not a Speed Stick but the first rod that Lew Childre sold as a bass rod. It is fiberglass and has the Fuji white insert guides. The rod is in perfect condition but missing the pistol grip. The O ring that held the handle had turned to tar. No telling how long this rod had been floating in the bay. I found it in a pile of trash that floated to shore. I did a search for Lew.s pistol grips but did not find any. I want to get a handle for this rod and if any of you know a source please let me know. This one is going on the wall. In my early years of rod building bass fishermen would bring me these rods for me to weave their names or do a cross wrap on the butt. The adapter measures 17 mm in diameter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Step Back In Time
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.153.222.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: June 05, 2005 10:11AM

Try calling Neal at Neal's fishing products.

Posted by: Gerald McCasland (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: June 05, 2005 10:20AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, I have several new ones, now if I can only remember where the box is that they are in. Send me your snail mail address and I will mail you one. I still occasionally build a pistol grip rod for senior citizen type Bass fisherman that refuse to fish with any thing else. I also still like them for spinner baits when you need to cast under handed under over hanging brush. Now what else can I help you with.

Retired life treating you OK? Have you got the nap routine that I suggested down yet?

Later,
Gerald Mc

Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: June 05, 2005 11:30AM

Thanks Bill.
Gerald,
Since you and I are of the same vintage I should have known you would have one. By the way, I only caught one small piggy. Ever try fly fishing in 20+ wind, you'll eat a lot of feathers. I e-mail you.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.153.222.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: June 05, 2005 11:47AM

In the wind if you go up a line weight it should help cut thought the wind.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster