I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Madeira Thread Source
Posted by: Jim Rippe (---.158.189.251.Dial1.Chicago1.Level3.net)
Date: May 03, 2005 08:47AM

Where do you guys get your Madeira thread?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Madeira Thread Source
Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: May 03, 2005 08:57AM

I've really been struggling with this; finally emailed Madeira USA. With a business license, I can order direct. They said where their nearest dealer was and that I'd have threads within 3 days of order.

I have bought a few, but they sure don't stock even 10%, at Jo Ann's and Hancock's.

Embroidery.com doesn't have much, either.

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Bob Crook (---.an1.sea18.da.uu.net)
Date: May 03, 2005 09:53AM

Check out @#$%&. I bought 30 spools of Sulky Original Metallic there a few months ago about $1.35 each. Just type in Madeira and see what comes up.

Here is a link to a bunch:

[]

Bob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2005 10:07AM by Bob Crook.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 03, 2005 09:55AM

Dear Mr. Putter: I am quite surprised to find that you are having difficulty in gathering supplies from merchants that deal in thread. I thought that the only suppliers you would be having trouble with were the Italians who blasted your precious rock form the caverns of the world. I was wondering if you competed with Leonardo for the more precious grades of marble. I can see it now - future treasures and art work displays, for old rodbuilders, will be displayed in the Puttersteen Marble Chapel!

Jim - you do the flames over the entrance foyer!

I guess you can tell the wind is blowing too hard to fish and all my dryers are turning.

Messin Not Gon Fishn

Posted by: Jim Upton (---.lsanca1.elnk.dsl.genuity.)
Date: May 03, 2005 10:02AM

Call Trish Clement , at Madeira USA. The number is; 1-800-225-3001 Ext. 116. Tell her I told you to call. Just be aware that your shipping costs are around $10.00 so if you order only two or three spools of thread it will cost more than the thread. You do need to know what you want so I would recommend getting the thread color chart first or get the thread numbers from the Madeira USA web site so you can order. With the color chart you are better able to get the colors you want. The computer doesn't always show the right shade.

Posted by: Thomas P. Church (---.tampfl.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 03, 2005 10:24AM

Check this outfit.
[www.5ts.com]
Cost was decent as was shipping and they stock it all.

Tom

Posted by: Martin E. Morris (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 03, 2005 12:50PM

Try
www.webofthread.com
They are good enough to ship to the U.K.

Posted by: Scott Gadsby (---.potshe01.pa.comcast.net)
Date: May 03, 2005 02:09PM

I got mine from allstitch in Maryland. Great prices and fast shipping, seemed to have alot of the colors in stock. Try them out.

[www.allstitch.net]

Scott

Posted by: PAUL BEAULIEU (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: May 03, 2005 02:41PM

Did a Google search for Madeira awhile back and found all the places listed above. Then I found [www.brothermall2.com/MadeiraThreads] and ordered a bunch. They carry the whole spectrum of Polyneon at $1.65/spool. Gotta be near the wholesale price. Shipping was reasonable too.

Posted by: Mike McGivney (68.39.222.---)
Date: May 03, 2005 10:26PM

I'm with Paul. I have put in three orders with them and I have nothing but good things to say about them. One suggestion is to buy the Hugos Amazing tape. It only sticks to itself. Just wrap it around the spool to keep the thread from unwinding.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 04, 2005 06:57AM

All my secrets exposed. Traitors!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster