I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

fuji guides
Posted by: Bryan Burbank (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 19, 2005 01:47AM

hi everyone...i am new to rod building and this site...i have used the fuji alconite concept guide sets on a few
casting rods that i have built and like them...my question is i am in the process of building a med-hvy casting
rod 6'...i see that fuji offers the alconite guides for med-hvy rods that are different from the guides sets that i
have purchased...i am going to use all double foot guides on this rod...has anyone used the guides...
this rod is for bass fishing .500 butt with a 5.5 tip...this message board has been very helpful to me...
thanks bryan...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fuji guides
Posted by: Jim Racela (J.AkuHed) (---.ontrca.adelphia.net)
Date: March 19, 2005 09:53AM

Are you refering to the BMNAGs? Much sturdier frames thhan the BUNAGs. I have used them for inshore baicasting rods up to 30# test. Use them with confidence!

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: March 19, 2005 09:56AM

if I might make a suggestion! Why use double foot guides. Many (myself included) use single foot guide even on Musky and salt rods (with a locking wrap). They are more than strong enough and a lot lighter.

Give some serious consideration to spiral wrapping it.

Mike

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (---.clis.com.136.174.12.in-addr.arpa)
Date: March 19, 2005 12:23PM

I'm curious as the the difference in weight between the BYAG & BMNAG. A fair compairson...30 ring for 30 ring...or something along those lines.

Jay

Posted by: Gerald McCasland (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 19, 2005 12:33PM

Bryan,

The double foot guides will be overkill on that little six foot blank. I build 7 and 7 1/2 foot pitching and flipping sticks that are used with up tp 65 pound braid line with the regular Fuji concepts with no problems.
Go for it and always remember, lighter is better in most instances.

Later,
Gerald Mc

Posted by: Bryan Burbank (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 19, 2005 03:23PM

thahks for the info on these guides...i am learning as i go...no serious mistakes yet...there is so many options
with all the componets...again thanks to eveyone who responded...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster