I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Weave software
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: January 30, 2005 11:38AM

This post is way down the line at the end of another thread, so I thought I would repost it

This is the first time that I have ever heard of "Rod Weave" software. From the info on their web site, it seems like it might be worthwhile. I'm really surprized that it has never been mentioned on this board. Has anyone tried it?????

[www.rmdinc.net]

Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2005 11:53AM by Mike Barkley.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Weave software
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 30, 2005 11:41AM

Where are you seeing this? I know of PC Stitch, but I also know there is another Software package in teh works for designing weaves.

Date: January 30, 2005 11:44AM

[www.rodbuilding.org]

H'e probably referring to VisualWrap, not knowing that is for butt wraps. VisualWeave though.....

Date: January 30, 2005 11:51AM

Billy,

No I'm not. Check out the link that I posted. Specifically for weaves and prints them out and does Left lists, thread colors, etc

[www.rmdinc.net]

Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2005 11:53AM by Mike Barkley.

Date: January 30, 2005 12:02PM

Whaddaya know. You'd think whoever is selling this would advertise somewhere, although I guess he did on that site. Althrough it's an old version of Windows, who knows if it will work on the newer versions.

There was a product for butt wraps as well, Rod Wrap, I believe a guy named Jim Lee created it. Came out around 1990, DOS based - I found it relatively easy to use, although Visualwrap is a heck of a lot easier and faster...as well as available.

Date: January 30, 2005 12:29PM

Billy,

It doesn't mention anything about Windows version. It's Rod Weave version 2.0 for Windows

Mike

Posted by: Harv Gorton (---.or3.marketscore.com)
Date: January 30, 2005 12:31PM

Jim had a program for weaves ,and one for cross wraps. Problem is (was)...$$$$$. It was indeed DOS based. I would have thought that by now,someone would have updated it for WIn/Mac.....guess not !
Here again $$ & time invested is likely an issue.

Date: January 30, 2005 12:31PM

I guess I should read better.

Posted by: Jim Kastorff (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 30, 2005 01:17PM

I had Jim Lee's weaving software package and could never make it work right on my computer so he gave me my money back, stand up guy. I id manage to get some of his patterns from it however. Too bad it was never updated for windows. However, there a new software weave program being developed which should be out shortly.
Good old graph paper still works for me.

Posted by: Kurt Fraden (---.org)
Date: January 30, 2005 02:39PM

I have the rodweave software you mention and after it crashed my computer for the third time I uninstalled it and just went with PCStitch. I found it better and easier to work with. Last thing I needed was more computer problems.

Posted by: Jim Upton (---.lsanca1.elnk.dsl.genuity.)
Date: January 30, 2005 02:42PM

Jim Lee's program is still usable. I was informed last week that one of the newer windows programs will now let you use and print with it. Getting the the program to recognize a printer was one of the problems and when printers went to USB ports the program didn't recognize them or something like that.

The program Mike is talking about is one that I have heard about but have never tried. At one time I tried to get some information on it but was not able to find out what I wanted to know. I have no idea if it's any good or not.

Dave Boyle (Visual-wrap) will one day have a companion program for weaving, until then I would still recommend pcstitch unless you are doing rather simple patterns. Once you get over 100 design threads and three or more colors the room for error in transferring information from graph to left list increases. You are also able to see what a change in the number of design threads will make in detail and what a change in colors will make without having to make a whole new pattern. Nice thing about it is, it's what I would call very inexpensive for all that it will do.

Posted by: sanford hochman (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: January 30, 2005 04:33PM

I saw the website of the pro weave, and sent them an e-mail asking them to provide some sampling of their software program. I told them it is too risky to buy something we know nothing about. I hope they respond in a positive manner. I'm always leary of this kind of thing.
Sanford Hochman

Posted by: Thomas Tysver (---.westriv.com)
Date: January 31, 2005 03:12AM

Were can a person find PCStitch?

Thanks, Tom

Posted by: Dave Boyle (---.dsl.nsw.optusnet.com.au)
Date: January 31, 2005 03:46AM

Hi,

VisualWEAVE is under development and should be ready for sale some time in 2005. It won't be released until it has been properly tested and trialled, so until then something like PC Stitch should fit the bill.

If you're coming along to the Rod Building Show in Charlotte, drop in and see me. I plan to have the Vizweave prototype there and I can show you some of its features. The show could be your unique opportunity to request a feature that hasn't been considered yet.

In its present form, VizWEAVE lets you open up any picture file, specify the size of the finished pattern you want, turn it into a grid pattern, match the pattern colours to the closest available in your spool library, and make a left list. Be aware that this software has been written from the ground up to suit the needs of rod builders.

Please don't ask me for a confirmed release date at this stage :-) It will be released when it is ready. Thanks in advance for your patience.

Tight Wraps
Dave Boyle
www.visualwrap.com

Date: January 31, 2005 10:33AM

Tom; Go to www.pcstitch.com

Date: January 31, 2005 10:33AM

Tom; Go to www.pcstitch.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster