I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Photo Page Curiousity
Posted by: Gary Bechtel (---.houston.rr.com)
Date: January 14, 2005 04:16PM

This may have been mentioned before and I just did not see the post. It seems that I have noticed a few photos recently about which any benefit to a rodbuilding forum just sort of goes right over my head. I realize "to each his own", but some of the pictures from the last few days just do not seem appropriate to this site.
Well, like usual, offer a penny for my thoughts and I'll put in my 2 cents worth. Gary

Gary Bechtel
North Channel Tackle Service

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2005 04:17PM by Gary Bechtel.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Photo Page Curiousity
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 14, 2005 04:52PM

That's going to change. Thanks for your thoughts - they mirror my own.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an2.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: January 14, 2005 08:03PM

She is pretty, but does not belong on the page

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.b.001.brs.iprimus.net.au)
Date: January 14, 2005 08:33PM

Hey Bill,
I thought that leather lounge looked better, it would look great in my rod building room. Something to lie down on catch 40 winks while waiting for something to dry, come to mention it the lamp looked pretty good too. Lol

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 14, 2005 09:03PM

bill boettcher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She is pretty, but does not belong on the page

Bill, I hate to say it - but you have poor taste. She is far from pretty. I hope there was apost I missed, cause the chick that's up there now looks a little like a man. lol.

Posted by: Russ Blanchard (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: January 14, 2005 10:36PM

Where is the link to the photo page? Maybe I missed something but I did see the photo in question that was copied and pasted on another site!

Russ

Posted by: Bob Crook (---.nas6.portland1.or.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: January 14, 2005 10:53PM

The link to the photo pageis hidden and only available to those of us over 65.

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.brick101.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 15, 2005 08:36AM

Problem was this was pointed out to me by my 12 year old daughter who likes to look at the thread art (shme on me for getting her involved).

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 15, 2005 08:53AM

I've always taken pride in the fact that this is the type place where the youngest rod builders can come and enjoy themselves without being exposed bad language or those type photos. Previously I was able to moderate that site as well as this one. Now that I can't, I just can't risk having it linked here anymore. The previous photo page is no longer a part of this site. New photo page software for this site will be installed next week. Just as with this site, you'll have to register under your first and last name and with a valid email address. I can then guarantee that such things won't happen, or at least they'll be promptly dealt with.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster