I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod Bond ??
Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 12, 2005 05:17PM

Is it as critical with RodBond to mix 1:1 as it is with thread epoxy? Also, (Begging again) Does anyone have a roll or part of roll of NCP Black thread (A) they wouldn't mind parting with?

Bill in WV

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod Bond ??
Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: January 12, 2005 05:53PM

The Rod Bond has a built in goof-up factor and is not too fussy on the 50/50 mix, Bill.
I'll check on that black NCP A when I get home.

Putter

Posted by: Larry Laurent (207.191.101.---)
Date: January 12, 2005 06:07PM

This is for my own curiosity, but why do they even make ncp black? What color does it turn if you don't use cp?

Larry

Date: January 12, 2005 06:58PM

Good Question????? LOL

Bill in WV

Posted by: John Raymond (---.prxy.klmz.mi.core.com)
Date: January 12, 2005 07:00PM

Larry it turns jet black as you probably know. You don,t use cp on black. Do they make ncp in black? I have never looked.

Posted by: Mick McComesky (---.nas3.saint-louis1.mo.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: January 12, 2005 07:06PM

Larry, I never thought about it, but that is a fine question!

John, they sure do.

Date: January 12, 2005 07:07PM

After the evening rush at work and driving home, I was puttin' on my thinking cap and, of course, was wondering the same. But, it worked, it made me look...
I've got some black nylon A if you'd like that, Bill. No NCP in my stock...

Putter

Posted by: Lou Reyna (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: January 12, 2005 07:44PM

Begging for info is one thing, begging for a spool of thread in another - the stuff is cheap, probably costs more to ship a spool than cost of product..

Lou

Date: January 12, 2005 07:54PM

Lou, you need to read Bill's previous posts; this is an extreme situation and then you'll understand. He needs a bit of help right now and it's OK...

Putter

Date: January 12, 2005 08:49PM

Thanks for the back-up Putter,

Whatever you have is fine, like I said, beggers can't be choosey.

Bill in WV

Posted by: Milton (Hank) Aldridge (---.maine.rr.com)
Date: January 12, 2005 09:10PM

Yes, they make black NCP

Hank
On The Rocks Fishing
Wells, ME.

Posted by: Milton (Hank) Aldridge (---.maine.rr.com)
Date: January 12, 2005 09:22PM

Sorry - I hit the send before I ment to. Yes the make black NCP. I just got a 4 oz spool from Neal's. I have no idear what it turn out like because we haven't tried it yet. My partner wanted it to tie an all black setup.

Bill, if I can find something to spool off some thread I will send it to you. It might be Fri ir Sat before I can get it to the mail as we are having an ice storm here and it's pretty nasty out there.

Hank
On The Rocks Fishing
Wells, ME.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 12, 2005 09:45PM

Yep, the make NCP Black and it looks like purpleish dukey when you apply finish. My advice is dont use it for anything. Some of the CP, the ones that do not have white suspended solids, will work with black. The blacks on the photo board that Tom Kirkman did that are beautiful were CP with something as per one of his old posts. If you use the Flexcoat CP the black will look like the milky way with zillions of little stars in bright sunlight. Maybe Mr. Vivona could use this methodology.to weave the Big Bang Rod of the Lost Galaxy!

Gon Fishn

Date: January 12, 2005 10:09PM

Thanks Hank,

Preciate it. My address is: William Bartlett, PO Box 444, WEst Milford, WV, 26451
If anyone else has anything to spare, if your doing spring cleaning (before spring) send it my way, I'd really appreciate it.

Bill in WV

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster