I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

mail box blues
Posted by: Coach Paul Bagby (---.gnt.com)
Date: February 15, 2002 03:59PM

Here I sit waoiting for the Rod Maker Magazine to arrive and singing the blues. To boot, Monday is a holiday.
snif snif

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mail box blues
Posted by: John Britt (---.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: February 15, 2002 04:15PM

Try humming Tomorrow,tomorrow
John

Posted by: John Britt (---.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: February 15, 2002 04:50PM

Coach better idea if it don't come tomorrow drive down to your Moms Sunday and I will meet you and let you look at the cover
John

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: February 15, 2002 07:30PM

Should be there by February 28th. That is the scheduled delivery date.

Posted by: Ed Sinn (mrsinbad) (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 15, 2002 10:23PM

I was just wondering how you catch mailbox blues... with mailbox lures? Sorry, John is a bad influence. Blame him.

Posted by: Rich Garbowski (---.voyageur.ca)
Date: February 16, 2002 12:30AM

John,
I hope you won't be cruel and just show the jacket of the cover, instead of the cover behind the cover. That jacket is white. Better idea, Coach drive up here to Canada and after you help me shovel the snow, I may let you peak at centerfold gallery section....LOL

Oh, I know teasing the learned man.

poor coach. gloom...despair...mysery....OR just paint your mailbox another color than blue. haha

your "r" friend,
Rich

Date: February 16, 2002 01:07AM

Momma don't let your boys grow up to be rodbuilders.

Posted by: Harold Tanner (---.xtalwind.net)
Date: February 16, 2002 04:03AM

Hey Coach, if your's don't show up I'll rent you mine for about 100 bucks a month. The scary part is if your mailperson is a rod building nut too.

Capt. Harold

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: February 16, 2002 09:11AM

In some rare instances we had proof of theft of some magazines. By moving to the false cover instead of the sealed clear plastic bag, I figured that if somebody was curious about what was inside they could carry it into the can and read it there and then when they were done just flip it back into the mail flow. With the plastic bags they couldn't do that - once it was opened that was that.

Sounds far fetched, but this one of the very real reasons that I moved to the false cover.

Date: February 16, 2002 11:41AM

We had 2 beautiful daughters. They have given us 2 beautiful grandsons and they are a hand full. I hope to live long nough to teach them what I know on rod building and fishing before I depart the planet

Posted by: Capt. Bill Hobbs (---.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: February 16, 2002 06:29PM

Hey Coach, I got mine yesterday. I think I would tell the mailman to assume the position and check his pockets. I have to say it is a great magazine.

Posted by: Al Wasser (---.tnt2.pueblo.co.da.uu.net)
Date: February 16, 2002 07:13PM

arrived here in Colo. today --- lots of good info!

Date: February 16, 2002 07:14PM

Arrrggg! This is killing me. snif snif. I know Tom, it will get here.

Posted by: Rolly Beenen (---.ym.rnc.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: February 16, 2002 10:14PM

Sorry Coach but mine has been here a week. Great job Tom. Thanks

Date: February 20, 2002 03:25PM

Yea!!! It came!!. Man, what an issue. Lots of stuff to help me be a better builder. No damage to the false cover.
Thanks about the blurp about Richard and I.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster