I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

A Smirk
Posted by: Charles DeGroot (---.trailnet.com)
Date: February 01, 2002 07:56AM

I smirk as I note that the number of daily posting has suddenly tripled or quadrupled. I guess the recent conclave really sparked some interest (LOL).

Dry crotches,
Charles

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Smirk
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: February 01, 2002 09:40AM

The conclave was great, although most who post here did not attend nor was this board or the magazine represented at the event (I had to be somewhere else on Saturday and Sunday).

I like to think this board continues to improve and grow because the original concept for such a board was sound. We have our sponsors right here on the same page as where we post - they are easy to find and access and many of them give their time to help answer posts here as well.

Then we have the fact that this is a very friendly board and provides some very good information to all who ask. Very rarely does a post go unanswered. And even the most simple and basic beginner questions get equal time.

Ultimately this board is a success because of all of you who participate and share your knowledge and experience with everyone. I hope we're all better rod builders for doing so.

Posted by: Harv Gorton (---.penn.com)
Date: February 01, 2002 10:52AM

It's GOTTA be the # 1 board on the net.
This is also the "peak" of rodbuilding season !

Posted by: John Britt (---.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: February 01, 2002 11:11AM

Don't forget how many are looking to be the one with the 10,000 post, great board and well moderated
john

Posted by: Randy Gerrick (199.35.91.---)
Date: February 01, 2002 02:52PM

It's been a huge help for somebody like me getting started in the biz. Thanks.

Posted by: Charles DeGroot (---.trailnet.com)
Date: February 01, 2002 05:17PM

I don't want anyone to misunderstand me. I was simply attempting a wry remark concerning the point Mr. Britt made above. I apologize for any miscontruance.

Dry crotches,
Charles

A Laugh!
Posted by: Kevin Malpass (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 02, 2002 08:16PM

The only problem with all the posts this board gets is that by the time I get on here each night there's a ton of good stuff that has alread passed onto the 'older message' page! Sometimes you can be a victim of your own success. This board is great but I hope it doesn't get 'used to death". I can't keep up with all the info!!!

I was going to print out all the good stuff when I first found this place but now I don't think I can afford all the paper it would take.

Re: A Laugh!
Posted by: Don Kelly (---.lebnon01.pa.comcast.net)
Date: February 05, 2002 09:20PM

Flyshop.com has a much better rodbuilding board. And you dont have to deal with giving away your real name and e-mail. This site is way to strict

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster