I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Help withVisual Wrap software
Posted by: Sanford Hochman (---.cape.com)
Date: January 19, 2002 06:47AM

I hope someone can give me an assist. I installed the software program and downloaded Cortona viewer in order to be able to work in 3D. However, when I press the 3D button, the program does not recognize the Cortona viewer that was downloaded. I reinstalled the program with the same results. They both loaded automatically into the program files, but they don't seem to connect up. If any of you have any suggestions, HELP!!!!
Thanks,
Sanford Hochman

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help withVisual Wrap software
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialinx.net)
Date: January 19, 2002 11:03AM

I have not worked with the program so I cannot say for sure. However, often when you need one program to access another you must place the appropriate "plug-in" into the appropriate plug-in folder.

Your 3D viewer may have a such a plug-in within the folder that contains it now. If you will take that plug-in and place it into the visual software plug-ins folder, then the 3D viewer should activate whenever the Visual Wrap program is opened. Some programs will locate these plug-ins automatically. In others you will have to manually select and place the plug-ins yourself.

This is how most related software works, however I stress again that I have not used the Visual Wrap or Cortona viewer and they may well be different.

Posted by: John Britt (---.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: January 19, 2002 11:42AM

Sanford I installed the software and later the VRML viewer with no problems only odity was having to restart the computer 2 times to install the visual wrap program.I am using Win 98 it has not been tested on Win XP to date.Dave is visiting family in the US and should be returning to Australia shortly, he would be the best source to contact re your problems.
John

Date: January 19, 2002 01:20PM

Thanks guys,
I think you struck a chord. I am using Windows 95. One place says it's ok, another place says it's not. Do you know how I might contact Dave when he returns?
Thanks,
Sanford

Re: Help withVisual Wrap software-won't install..
Posted by: Harv Gorton (63.175.140.---)
Date: January 19, 2002 02:47PM

I tried this morning to install the program on my old system (Win95)..it would not install...error 2355 or something like that.

I just tried it on my week old system (Win XP),it would not install here either. "cabinet error'.

beats me !

any ideas?

Posted by: Harv Gorton (---.sns.westpa.net)
Date: January 19, 2002 03:18PM

Update:

Cortona installed on Windows XP, the rose does it's thing...Visual Wrap still won't install...

Posted by: David Henney (---.dsl.wchtks.swbell.net)
Date: January 19, 2002 03:55PM

Guys if you get this error then write down the number of error, like error 2355, then go to your search engine and do a search, or go to Micrsoft.com and do a search.. You should be able to find out what this error means and what to do about it.. This is what I did trying to get my Alps printer to work and this is how I got my Alps printer to work.. Keep us posted guys.. Thanks Davesrods

Posted by: Harv Gorton (---.penn.com)
Date: January 19, 2002 04:03PM

I tried it on my 3rd & final computer(win95)..still won't install...gotta be the disk.

Re: -won't install..Check this out
Posted by: DavidHenney (---.dsl.wchtks.swbell.net)
Date: January 19, 2002 05:39PM

[support.microsoft.com]
Copy and paste this url and you might find some answers. Thanks Davesrods

Posted by: Bill Gaynor (---.rasserver.net)
Date: January 19, 2002 09:03PM

I too have had the same problem, both on a computer with Windows 98 and Windows ME. Error code 2355 deals with the Windows Installer. I downloaded the updated file from the Microsoft Download Center, however, the Visual Wrap program is looking for a file with a slightly different name instmsia.exe vs instmsi.exe. Therefore, I renamed the file and copied the Visual Wrap files to a folder on my hard drive and attempted to install again. No luck!

Date: January 19, 2002 09:14PM

Fellas,
A new computer software generally is put through a beta test before being distributed, and when it is released, one does not have to be a computer genius to install it and get it up and running. I finally figured out how to get the 3D running, and the rose is turning. Now the problem is that the flat view is not being shown on the 3D rotating rod. In addition, there are certain words missing on the 3D menu. These should be there, such as "turn", and another word that I forgot. There are a lot of bugs in this that do not seem to have been worked out. At least for some of us. I have sent an e-mail to parallelgraphics to see if they have any suggestion. I am using Windows 95, which I was told was compatible, and this may be a problem, but others of you are using more up-to-date versions, and still have the problem. I'll keep working on this and keep you informed. I am not new to computers and generally know how to fix most problems, but if it is a software glitch, it will be up to the company to fix that. Any help will be appreciated. this has potential!
Sanford Hochman

Re: -won't install..HOUSTON...we have a problem..
Posted by: Harv Gorton (---.penn.com)
Date: January 19, 2002 09:52PM

I tried the patches that Dave H. suggested......THANKS Dave !

But ,to no avail...I also tried slowing the CD-ROM down as microsoft suggested....no-go.

It seems there's a few of us with the same problem(3 of my own computers),, looks like a glitch.

I'm gonna wait to see what the developers (Visual WRAP)can do,instead of screwing around with my systems that worked great before.

Thanks for helping !

Re: -won't install..HOUSTON...we have a problem..
Posted by: David Boyle (---.syd.optusnet.com.au)
Date: January 21, 2002 12:01AM

G'day Gentlemen.

I flew in from the US this morning and have found that a number of people are having installation problems.

I am working on this immediately and will post more information as soon as it becomes available.

My personal email address is davidboyle@visualwrap.com Please feel free to email me directly with problems you may encounter. Now that I am back home I will be able to respond promptly.

My apologies for the inconvenience and frustration the installation problems have caused.

Regards
David Boyle

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster