I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Thank you for your feedback
Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 07, 2002 06:09PM

I ordered once from Mudhole, many times from Clemens and others that don't advertise here. I have been satisfied of their good service. I plan to order again from Mudhole as the need arrises. Their is a Calstar blank in their catalogue that I really want. The Houston flood this summer really hurt me financially but I am slowly getting back on "dry gound". This post about Mudhole really upset me. But it makes me want to order again from Mudhole. Ellis Mendiola

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Posts
Posted by: Tom Smith (---.ne.mediaone.net)
Date: January 07, 2002 06:09PM

I have placed several orders w/ Mudhole and have had no problems w/ them. I had a question on a product description and it was handled promptly and professionally (I didn't get the answer I wanted but I got an answer). They have accepted returns w/ no questions asked. Dave has answered many questions and been very helpful, even to the point of going to physically measure a blank for a grip.
I work in the plumbing and heating supply business and what I tell customers who trash our competition is " stick around and we'll screw up too" . No company is perfect. How they deal with their customers is how they should be judged.

Tom Smith

Re: Posts
Posted by: Shawn Smith (---.as1.cmdn.mi.voyager.net)
Date: January 07, 2002 06:47PM

I have never orderd anything from Mudhole but maybe I should. When I do I would hope that the order is "mixed up" so that I can have the kind of customer service that Mike got. Anybody that says to keep the merchandise and gives you a gift certificate can't be that bad to deal with.

Shawn Smith

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.ocean.eticomm.net)
Date: January 07, 2002 10:09PM

Have ordered from Mudhole on several occaisions and have always been 100% satisfied with the quality of the material and service I have recieved. Every supplier has problems at times, a little understanding and a phone call goes a long way in a this situation
To smooth out the wrinkles

Posted by: Leon Jorgensen (---.dialinx.net)
Date: January 07, 2002 10:43PM

I have never had a problem of any kind with orders from Mudhole. But, if I did, I would consider it a small price to pay for the patient, intelligent and thoughtful advice I have gotten from Tom McNamara.

Courtesy
Posted by: Mike Moran (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 07, 2002 10:54PM

Tom and his staff at MudHole have been nothing short of helpful to me. Tom always calls back personally when I have a question and has bent over backwards to resolve what was really a manufacturers issue, but he honored it like it was his issue. It sounds like Tom had already made arrangements to solve your issue so why gripe after he resolved it? Maybe gentlemens etiquette has eluded you.

Mike Moran
Alleghany Anglers

Re: Courtesy
Posted by: Jim Kastorff (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 07, 2002 11:22PM

Just want to mention that I just received an email from Tom M re my problems after he read my post and he offered to make things right. He obviously is giving it his best shot in an effort to keep his customers happy thx

Posted by: Bruce Young (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 07, 2002 11:23PM

Wow!,

A gift certificate and bonus of keeping your products with an 100% refund. Thats unreal! I couldn't take that many coals heaped on my head. My hat's off to you Tom.

Bruce Young
Landing gear

Posted by: Tom Wolfe (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 08, 2002 02:23AM

Ok, I'm going to throw some people off here! From what I have read here, there is no better deal than what was offered! I commend Tom M. for extending the offer he did! I think what has to be addressed is that most of the time the reason for having to wait for products to show up at your doorstep is caused by the manufacturer, not the retailer.(false promises on delivery dates)

As for wrong products, it happens sometimes. It is a little tough ordering something without actually holding it in your hands if you are not familiar with it. (thats where this board comes in handy, ask questions if your not sure) We make it a policy to inform you if a product is not in stock, and give you the option to try another dealer, & that upsets some people too!

We are new to this board, strive for customer satisfaction, and just wanted to say we agree with Mudholes offer that was extended here, and its great to see so many people overlook minor problems they may have had and come to Mudholes side.

Tom Wolfe
Last Cast
www.customrodbuilders.com

Posted by: Al Bassett (---.stepan.com)
Date: January 08, 2002 02:25AM

Every company will make a mistake from time to time a Good Company like Mudhole will take care of there errors. I went to Mudhole in Oct and saw how hard there personal were working. I have make 10 order since Oct with one error which was taken care with no problem.(Which was my error) What more can you ask for. I place a order last week and one this week and if I need to will order again this week it will be from Mudhole. Thanks Tom to you and your staff for doing a great job.

Posted by: Steve Parks (---.mobile1.al.home.com)
Date: January 08, 2002 06:24AM

Mike Moran,
Who said this was an English class?! Give it a break!

Re: Mudhole
Posted by: Lee Parsons (---.client.attbi.com)
Date: January 08, 2002 07:03AM

I've always gotten gret service and pricing from Mudhole. Tom and his staff have always been more than helpful and a pleasure to do business with.

Re: Mudhole
Posted by: Ed (mrsinbad) (---.citicorp.com)
Date: January 08, 2002 09:31AM

I have been a Mudhole customer for years as well. Yeah, they've screwed up my orders too, but they are more than willing to make things right. From my understanding, sometimes the people that "picks out your stuff" isn't that careful and mistakes happens. I say, give them a chance.

On the other hand, I do have problems with two other sponsors on this site. I ordered stuff a couple of weeks before the holidays and they didn't ship my stuff till after the holidays following a bunch of phone calls from me! One order got screwed up and I still have not received a return phone call. Oh well, I guess I should lighten up and give them a chance too.

*Reminder
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.tnt1.winston-salem.nc.da.uu.net)
Date: January 08, 2002 09:54AM

Discussing experiences that any of you have had with various vendors, if done in a civil manner, is fine here. But once things start to evolve into personal arguments and personal criticisms and insults, they have gone too far.

Between myself and last night's moderator, we have pulled off 6 posts and edited 3 others in this particular thread. 1st amendment rights do not apply here and the privilege does not exist on this board. The rules above ask that you do not engage in personal insults and it will be enforced.

I am tired and overworked and do not have time to put up with nonsense. Stick to rod building. If you need to chastise someone for something you think is out of line, do it via a personal email. Thank you.

Re: *Reminder
Date: January 08, 2002 03:41PM

The rules also state that your full name is to be posted. Why was the original post not pulled then? I guess we just wanted to allow an unknown person to abuse one of the fine sponsors of this board and our industry. My post was simply as strong willed in support for Tom, as was the original one against him. People who shop for rodbuilders and vendors read this board constantly. You worry about the damage between some people bickering and pull their posts, but leave the original one which was just uncalled for and no identity to it. I am not being mean about this, just trying to voice a concern. I would like to become a sponsor on this board soon, but would like to know that I wont be blindsided as was allowed to happen to Tom and his fine people at Mud Hole. ALL of the vendors in this arena are fine people, and I would like to see them protected when approriate to do so. The first post should have been axed.

Respectfully irritated,

Mike Moran

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialinx.net)
Date: January 08, 2002 04:07PM

The reason the original post was not pulled was due to the fact that it became, as is usually the case, some fine advertising for Mud Hole. I was on the phone with Tom McNamara at the time the post was made and told him I was going to remove it. He asked me not to as he wanted the opportunity to reply on the board to the person who made the claim (quite an unfair claim once you know the whole story). I also mentioned to him that it was almost guaranteed to result in his many loyal customers coming to his defense.

I also will not remove such a post unless it inflames or insults or veers off the topic of rod building. This original post was boderline and I mentioned earlier that it should have been worded in a more civil manner. But posts concerning the service of the sponsors are allowed as it is a service to the builders to know if there is, in fact, a problem with a dealer which they should know about. In this case most of the problem lie with the customer, but that's another story.

The post of yours which was removed did not contain any reference to Mud Hole or the issue at hand, it was a response made to another party about what you felt your rights here on this board are. It was removed, as were a handful of others similar in content as they were only leading to a blow up of egos and had nothing to do with rod building or the topic of this thread. That sort of thing will not happen here at Rodbuilding.org.

As far as the rules are concerned - this board is NOT a democracy. I knew from day one that in order to maintain a sense of civil decorum and fair play that I would have to make some tough decisions and that not everyone would like them. So be it. I am certain that those who sponsor this site are very happy with what this board has done for them and I am also certain that some people will get irritated from time to time. I cannot please everybody but do the best that I can. Those who are not happy with how the board is run are welcome to use one of the other various rod building boards across the internet. With the wide variety of rod building boards around, I'm sure everyone can find one that suits him or her best. I think we have the best one right here, but I'm never upset if anyone chooses to go elsewhere.

Anyone who has any complaints should aim them at me - I am solely responsible for the content and way this board operates.

Date: January 08, 2002 04:32PM

Your points are well taken by me. Although you didnt have to, thank you for explaining why you didnt pull the original post. I hope you can understand how it may have looked from my POV. I enjoy this board and benefit from it greatly. Your work is greatly appreciated in managing this board. Please do not take to heart my stance, I get fired up over something once a year and guess this was it. LOL

Mike Moran
Alleghany Anglers

Faith restored
Posted by: Ed (mrsinbad) (---.citicorp.com)
Date: January 08, 2002 04:50PM

OK, after my post above, I took a cleaning breath and decided to give that vendor another call. Well. lo and behold, I just got a call back and everything is going to be OK. My faith in mankind is restored, the birds are chirping, and the sun is shining. :-)

To offer a little balance, I'm sure the vendors, if they wished, will have 100 times more horror stories than we have about them. Yet, they chug along everyday with a big smile and a happy, "Hello" when I decide to give them my business. I know I wouldn't be able to do that and I praise them for that.

Re: Faith restored
Posted by: Bill Doherty (---.rdu.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 08, 2002 06:46PM

TO: Mike R & Steve Parks

I am sorry I made any comment about anybody's "english". I was trying to make the point that nobody is perfect. I should have attemped to make it by another example. There is no need for anyone to take what is said on this board personally. This board is about rodbuilding, one of the most fun endevers we could undertake. I really hope you visit this board often, and do not hold a remark I made, against another. I really am being sincere about this. Tom K. and the moderators do fine job. And I promise to contain my remarks to the issue at hand on future posts. Happy Rodbuilding.

Bill Doherty

Re: Faith restored
Posted by: Sean Tate (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: January 08, 2002 10:00PM

Group hug? :)

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster