I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

The Forhan Locking Wrap. . .
Posted by: Jim (65.141.15.---)
Date: December 20, 2001 12:41AM

Just got my RodMaker Mag. and as I read the Rich Forhan's method, I'm wondering out loud, "Can this work on AFTCO Lite Weight Roller Guides as well?"
This may possibly be the way to get away from the underwrap that AFTCO suggests you use on the LWR's. What do you think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Forhan Locking Wrap. . .
Posted by: Sang An (---.ff.cox.rr.com)
Date: December 20, 2001 01:41AM

The Forhan locking wrap is used on the single footers (Fuji SG, LSG) to keep them from pulling out of the wrap. The LWRGs have a much more substantial foot for the thread to get a purchase on and so I think the underwrap is recommended in order to protect the blank (and build it up some).

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialinx.net)
Date: December 20, 2001 09:11AM

The Forhan wrap is certainly not going to hurt anything if you choose to use it. Maybe some enterprising angler will wrap a couple of those - one according to the manufacturer's instructions and one with Rich's method and then do some tests to see which one holds the guide best.

I do believe that the purpose of the underwrap with those guides is to sandwich the guide foot rather than protect the blank (protect it from what?) and thus ensure the guide does not loosen or pull out. Rich's method may well do the same job better and with less weight.

Posted by: Bruce Young (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 23, 2001 12:19PM

Using the Forhan wrap, will it allow the guide to be moved slightly for a final adjustment while aligninig the guides?

Bruce Young
Landing Gear

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster