I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Outcast Blanks
Posted by: William Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 12, 2003 12:45AM

Anyone know where I could get an Outcast Blank from? I know there was a big deal made about these blanks when they first came out, but I haven't heard a peep since. Is anyone using these for anything, and if so any feedback?

My friend is looking for a Heaver, and someone suggested one of teh Outcasts, I'm trying to get some Rod building feedback on these, as well as find a place to buy them from.

Holographic Guides & Chameleon Finish? Hmmm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Outcast Blanks
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.30.204.181.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: September 12, 2003 09:15AM

As far as I know, Ken stopped having them made and they are no longer available. Nice blanks, unique finishes, but not enough demand to satisfy the production requirements.

What specific models are you looking for? I may be able to help.

Posted by: Kai Sprecher (213.58.193.---)
Date: September 12, 2003 10:48AM

I think I saw some at Mudhole, there is a link which says Status Blanks - NEW, click on the new and voila...

Posted by: David Gilberg (---.tc2.king.catskill.net)
Date: September 12, 2003 02:50PM

Billy,

Hatteras Outfitters offers the GSC1625-2C 13'6" 2pc Outcast blank for $210.00.

They rate it at 4-8oz at full length and 4-10 oz (including bait) at 12'6". It comes in two 7' pieces, with the extra 6" of butt hidden in the stainless steel ring bound ferrule.

Hatteras Outfitters rave about this blank and the rods they build from it. Looks likea real heaver!

hatterasoutfitters.com
804-329-8400

Dave

Posted by: William Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 13, 2003 12:30AM

Tom - I'm not 100% which blank he wants, when I find out, I'll shoot you an e-mail.

Hatteras is the only place that sells them apparantly. The way they rave about them, you'd think more guys would be interested.

Posted by: Jim Racela (---.nas5.los-angeles2.ca.us.da.qwest.ne)
Date: September 13, 2003 08:40PM

Billy, TK's right, the guy that was marketing the Outcast blanks and rod from Hawaii no longer sells them. However, he has since started his own blanks locally, meaning just in Hawaii. I would check the archives on the Allcoast Rodbuilding Board under "Outcast" and I will call one of the local rod building shops (Honolulu) to see if there are any Oucasts left. Will keep in touch. . .

Posted by: John Quitoriano (63.166.120.---)
Date: September 16, 2003 09:55PM

I own several of the Chameleon Outcast Blanks. The Spin 90 and the Magnum Surfcasting rods. Been my most productive rods so far. Heark Ken had trouble with the copyright of the "Outcast" name an can no longer sell them under it. He still has the line but less the name and Chameleon color. Awesome blanks still. Check out my posts on the Allcoast web site.

Brian's Fishing Supply in Hawaii still carries them:

The shops number is: 8085968344

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster