I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rodbuilders Guild
Posted by: Lew Walters (68.201.17.---)
Date: August 08, 2003 11:23AM

Can anyone tell me if the subject is still in existance? Several weeks ago I sent the necessary info to them for membership, got an e-mail that said I was "in" and a member number. Nothing since--no info for use of member section no response to e-mails--no nuthin' Lew Walters

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rodbuilders Guild
Posted by: Andy Dear (216.62.231.---)
Date: August 08, 2003 11:41AM

Lew,
You may get more helpful info. by visiting the Guild's website and posting on their board. Perhaps one of their officers will respond to your inquiry.

Andy Dear
Lamar Reel Seats
www.lamarreelseats.com

Posted by: Richard Kuhne (130.94.107.---)
Date: August 08, 2003 11:58AM

There are still in business. I spent a month considering whether to join or not. Complaints similar to yours seem to be the norm from what I could gather. I did get one of their officers to correspond with me but after some consideration I could not really see any benefit to a paid membership with them. This board here offers so much more in the way of information and features and doesn't cost anything to use.

I also hate to be seen as a freeloader here, and want to state that if this rod building.org board did charge a fee for use, I would gladly pay it. I feel I have benefitted from it that much that it would be worth a fee.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.30.205.99.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: August 08, 2003 12:07PM

To the best of my knowledge, they are still in operation. Here is the contact page of their website:

[]

Hopefully someone from their group will get back in touch with you.

Tom or Moderator
Posted by: Frank Moore (64.113.199.---)
Date: August 08, 2003 02:17PM

Here we go again - when did LD become a real first and last name?

End of Thread
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (67.30.205.---)
Date: August 08, 2003 02:47PM

I'm going to politely ask those of you who are members of that organization not to post concerning that group on this board. I've already had to remove 4 posts made in this string and I really do have much better things to do with my time than referee arguments or fights that don't concern Rodbuilding.org to begin with. This board has a reputation for being above such things and I'd like us to stick to rod building topics.

I listed the contact info for the Guild above and would greatly prefer that you use that for any business relating to them. Thanks.

Re: End of Thread
Posted by: Lew Walters (---.201-68.swfla.rr.com)
Date: August 08, 2003 06:57PM

Tom Please believe me--I had no idea that I would create such a hornet's nest by asking what I considered to be an innocent question. I APOLOGIZE. Lew

Re: End of Thread
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.30.204.230.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: August 08, 2003 07:52PM

It's not your fault. No need to apologize. This is just one of those topics that always seems to bring out the worst in a few people. It's unfortunate, and the reason that I ask that we terminate this thread.

Posted by: Don Cutthright (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: November 06, 2004 09:57PM

Lew your money has already been spent most likely on plane far or travel expenditures for a handful of the Guild's good old boys. The members fees are used to fund the partying and travel those old boys do. Ask them for a financial statement and then duck! 'Cause they'll throw everything that ain't nailed down at you. The whole thing is greasy and not on the up and up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster