I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Fenwick Surf Rod/Blank
Posted by: Sean Schlobohm (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 12, 2003 02:20PM

Does anyone out there have any info on the old fenglass 2 pc surf rods. I am looking for a blank or built unit to purchase. They only made the 1208 for 2 years that I am aware of. Please help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fenwick Surf Rod/Blank
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.30.204.197.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: July 12, 2003 02:45PM

They've been gone for over 10 years now. Closer to 15, really. When our new buy/swap/sell board goes up in a few days you can list your want there and see if anyone can turn one up for you.

I'll be honest, I used a ton of those blanks (1265, 1206, 1445, 1208) and they were not at all bad in their day, but they have been greatly overshadowed by more current offerings which are lighter and smaller for the same power.

Posted by: Anthony Pantuso (---.atlantic.net)
Date: July 12, 2003 05:47PM

Hey Sean I got my eye on you. Do a past search on Fenwick, this is were I found mine. I heard those 1208s are 10ft 2-piece and come in white and brown. I heard back in the day the were the "Big Guns" of the pier since they are an 8 power. When the swap and trade boards come you will see me thier first. When you get a chance take a look at rod building photos. C-ya in thier deep.
Keep Diging,
Anthony

Posted by: Sean Schlobohm (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 12, 2003 06:16PM

Tom, thanks for the info . Alot of the clients that I build for have alot of the new age materials but they seem to always hit me up for vintage rods. Alot of my work is done aquiring a particular rod, stripping it down then refinish the blank and build it. Cant wait for the new buy sell swap Thanks Sean

Posted by: jerry jennings (---.75.233.56.Dial1.SaintLouis1.Level3.net)
Date: July 16, 2003 12:36AM

yes im looking for 1 or 2 14ft blanks i want 1 piece please so if any body knows where i can find them please let me know thanks n good fishing

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster