I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Fui KW guide spacing
Posted by: Andrew Neckermann (35.39.18.---)
Date: April 15, 2024 05:38PM

Hello,

I am currently building two casting rods off of NFC X-ray Neo blanks, one for myself and one for a friend. They are is 7'6" and Med-Fast Mod-Heavy.
I would like to put the Fuji KW series alconite guides on it. The problem I have run into is that I have no clue what sizes to purchase, and eventually how to space them, since i have been unable to find a spacing table for casting rods by fuji.

If you have any knowledge regarding these guides or a fuji guide equipped casting rod i'd appreciate your input a lot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fui KW guide spacing
Posted by: Andrew Neckermann (35.39.18.---)
Date: April 15, 2024 09:05PM

I currently have the Plan to put on a 16, 12, 10, 8, 4x 6's, then a 6 tip top, is this a good plan or am i starting with a size too large?

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: April 15, 2024 09:41PM

One 10 and the rest 6s, check the spacing charts on the NFC site, you don't have to look at all the charts just put your rod blank in the search box provided. Your guide layup is very old school when the reels were larger and higher off the rod.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2024 09:49PM by Spencer Phipps.

Posted by: Patrick Coco (---)
Date: April 16, 2024 12:10AM

What's the intended use of the rod? The 2 neos I've built for throwing chatterbaits got a Fuji RV6 butt guide, 3 alconite kb5 and 7 alconite kt5 guides. Tip top was a 5.5 ring and a 6 or 6.5 tube.

My guide spacing (measured from the tip top in inches) started here for both and then had some minor adjustments using a static line test:
2.625, 5.625, 9, 12.5, 16.5, 20.5, 25, 30, 36, 43.625, 52.75

The butt guide placement is 20" from the level wind on the reel. Both rods had a 10.5" handle (distance from butt to bottom of Fuji ECSM reel seat).

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: April 16, 2024 09:39AM

I build more like Patrick with the guide choices. I set the spacing using a two line static load test rather than charts. I see no need for the tiptop to be a different size from the runners, but the difference mentioned is so small it won't help or hurt anything. I recommend doing locking loops for single foot guides.

Posted by: Patrick Coco (---)
Date: April 16, 2024 01:14PM

Definitely need to always adjust guide placement after a load test. I find the spacing I provided to be reasonably close for most fast or x fast casting rods in the 7'-7'3" range. Have to start somewhere. But even on 2 Neos, my end spacing will be a little different since each blank has its own deflection profile.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster